River Valleys is committed to finding ways by which we can reduce the environmental impact of our work in our council offices, program events/activities, camp properties, and community. We are committed to helping our members, volunteers, partner organizations, and community reduce environmental impact by promoting and modeling good sustainability practices.
- River Valleys as an organization will strive to:
- Integrate sustainability considerations into our business decisions.
- Ensure that staff, volunteers, and members are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- Maximize the impact of sustainability in properties and transportation activities.
- Make clients, vendors, and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainably management practices when working together.
- Review, report annually, and continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.