As a recruiter, you serve as a local Girl Scout champion that organizes within your community to engage with prospective families, provide coverage at recruitment events, and help register girls and adults for membership. Recruiters also mobilize volunteers to attend school Open Houses where they promote Girl Scouts and invite families to attend Sign-up Events.
This year is anything but typical. But Girl Scouts can be a consistent and positive force for good in girls’ lives. We’ll be approaching recruitment in new ways and we know our plans need to be flexible. Girl Scouts River Valleys could not do this work without you. You help open doors for girls across our council. Thank you for taking on this important role!
Your first step is to either attend the Virtual Recruitment Kick-off on June 11 or, in case you missed it, complete the Online Recruitment Training.
Important Recruitment Resources
Read the Recruiter Round-Up e-newsletter to get up-to-date information during the recruitment season. Make sure to stay subscribed to this list, and let us know if you aren’t receiving it!
Each edition of Recruiter Round-Up will be added to the list below once it has been published.
These monthly virtual Recruiter Conversations will be a space for Girl Scouts River Valleys recruiters to dive deeper into fall recruitment topics, COVID-19-related updates, and share and learn together. Topics include:
- July 14: Digital Promotions, Open House planning, and Virtual Recruitment events
- August 11: Sign-up Event Facilitation Training
- September 8: Force for Good Campaign Kick-off
- October 13: Celebration and Reflection
Please register for each date you would like to attend.
Customizable Event Flyer (English and Spanish)
Customizable event flyer with information about virtual (animal party) and in-person (robot building party) recruitment events. Customize any in-person events with your event location, address, date, and time.
General Event Flyer (English and Spanish)
General event flyer with information about virtual (animal party) and in-person (robot building party) recruitment events.
Customizable General Event Flyer (No animal/robot theme) (English)
Customizable general event flyer without animal and robot party themes. Customize any in-person events with your event location, address, date, and time.
Become a Troop Leader Flyer (English and Spanish)
COVID-19 safety guideline sign to display at in-person events.
Full Membership Form
Official paper membership registration form. Includes carbon copy for your reference.
Member Cover Sheet
Cover sheet summarizing all full paper registrations collected at events.
Download Cover Sheet
Prepaid and pre-addressed envelope for full registration forms collected.
Short Interest Form
Membership interest form for prospective Girl Scout families to fill out at Open House/community events.
Sign-in sheet to track all attendees at your event.
Download Sign-in Sheet
Colorful “Proud to be a Girl Scout” temporary tattoos for giveaway.
Text-to-Join Cards (English and Spanish)
Takeaway card for families with the text-to-join number and Girl Scout contact information.
Text-to-join sign to display at your events. Includes our text-to-join number.
Why Girl Scouts Flyer (English and Spanish)
Includes general information about the Girl Scout program: What girls do, time commitment, and why families love Girl Scouts.
Display this Girl Scout yard sign in your yard/community. Includes our text-to-join number. Use a permanent marker to customize it with your event information. Poly bag with plastic stakes.
Email Signature Image
Promote the text-to-join option and info right from your email communications with this signature image.
Download Signature Image
Spirit Week – Be a Force for Good
This year’s Spirit Week theme is “Be a Force for Good” and will engage girls, families, and volunteers through social media posts, city proclamations, and building/bridge lighting events. This campaign will also be longer than our traditional Spirit Week and be held September 14-30. Girls, adult members, and volunteers will have the opportunity to be ambassadors for Girl Scouts, showing how they are changemakers in their communities and inviting others to join them.
Girls can earn the Force for Good patch by:
- Sharing the text-to-join number with another girl/family, inviting them to join in being a force for good by joining Girl Scouts
- AND stating how they have been, or how they will be, a force for good
Service unit team members will have a key role in this campaign. Here’s a snapshot of what’s to come:
- Service units will be asked to post and share campaign promotions on social media, share info with email lists, and share in service unit team and troop leader meetings leading up to and during September 14-30.
- Like and share Girl Scouts River Valleys’ posts, share info about proclamations and bridge lightings if they’re in your community, and encourage troops and families to participate in the patch program.
More details to come!
Your Year at a Glance
Here’s a general outline of key milestones and planning dates. We recognize there may be delays in planning due to access to schools or other facilities, and school open houses may look different this year. We will be communicating frequently this year as we all may need to pivot quickly.
May-July: Onboarding & Planning
- Attend the Virtual Recruitment Kick-off on June 11 or complete online training.
- Schedule a date and location for your Girl Scout Sign-up Event between September 9-25
- Talk to your volunteer support coordinator frequently as you confirm details.
- Promote your Girl Scout Sign-up Event to your community through social media and other tactics.
- Discuss the status of Open Houses with your volunteer support coordinator and communicate frequently as you confirm dates.
- Find volunteers who will help you promote, cover Open Houses and support your Sign-up Event.
- Order free recruitment materials through our Impressive Print Center. (see instructions for use)
August: Promote & Organize
- Make sure flyers are ready for distribution within schools the week before your Sign-up Event.
- Distribute Open House kits to volunteers as well as:
- Attend school Open Houses to promote your Girl Scout Sign-up Event!
- Complete Post-Event form after each Open House.
September: Sign-up Events & Spirit Week
- Promote the Force for Good patch program on social media, share with your networks, and show prospective girls and families how they can be a force for good in Girl Scouts.
- Host your Girl Scout Sign-up Event. Show this Recruitment Video at you event if possible.
October: Reflect & Celebrate!
Connect with your volunteer support coordinator to reflect on fall, how many girls you reached, and celebrate all the successes along the way!