Welcome Service Unit Managers—Thank you for taking on this important role!
As the Service Unit Manager, you supervise all the volunteers in your Service Unit. By supporting the responsibilities of each volunteer role, you keep your service running like a well-oiled ship! Ultimately, your work results in amazing experiences for Girl Scouts in your geographic area.
Your Year at a Glance
Upon Registration: Role On-boarding
Once you’re registered and appointed as a Service Unit Manager, we have an online Service Unit orientation to help you understand your role and access online training. Volunteers must complete the position agreement for their Service Unit role.
August–October: Service Unit Start-Up
- Secure and confirm meeting space and time for all upcoming troop leader meetings.
- Welcome any new volunteers to the Service Unit at troop leader meetings.
- Work with recruiter to fill Service Unit volunteer positions if needed.
- Promote and ensure that all troops know about the Snacks & Magazines Program and how to plan cookie rally activities.
- Promote and ensure Service Unit representation at Girl Scouts River Valleys’ annual meeting.
- Recruit team positions for upcoming year by June 30.
- Provide recommendations for prospective Service Unit team volunteers to Girl Scouts River Valleys staff.
- Promote Early Bird registration at troop leader meetings.
- Celebrate success—hold an end-of-year Service Unit Court of Awards/bridging ceremony if possible.
- Participate in staff facilitated year-end review.
- Ensure Service Unit Treasurer (In the case the Treasurer position is empty, the Service Unit Manager) submits Troop & Service Unit Finance Report by June 30.
Popular Articles This Month
- Introduction to Rallyhood
- Facilitating a Successful Troops Training
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) FAQs
- Service Unit Cookie Manager Resources
- Troop Cookie Manager Resources
- Facilitating a New Troop Leader Orientation
- Health, Safety, and Using Safety Activity Checkpoints
- Electing Service Unit Delegates and Delegate Alternates
- All About Juliette Girl Scouting
- Managing Service Unit Money