The Girl Scouts River Valleys Cookie Program has ended for 2023.
Welcome Service Unit Cookie Managers—Thank you for taking on this important role!
As a Service Unit Cookie Manager, you are the trainer, the resource, the helper, and the cookie champion for troops during the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
Girl Scouts River Valleys could not do this work without you. Dedicated and generous volunteers like you, help Girl Scouts gain the valuable skills they need to become tomorrow’s leaders.
If you are unable to attend a virtual training session, please complete the online training below. If you are a new Service Unit Cookie Manager, watch the Service Unit Cookie Basics Video prior to completing the online training.
Your Year at a Glance
Upon Registration: Role On-boarding
- Once you register as a Service Unit cookie manager, you must also complete the position agreement every year.
December: Training & Materials
- Before the sale, complete your service unit cookie program training by attending one of the virtual Service Unit Cookie Training Sessions, online training is also available.
- Then you can become familiar with the cookie manager guidebooks (troop and Service Unit), Looker and Smart Cookies, and begin to plan your cookie rally and troop training.
- In late December, we will send you a shipment of materials to help facilitate your training and to hand out to troops.
- Ensure each troop cookie manager has completed the online Troop Cookie Manager Responsibility Forms
January: Troop Training & Cookie Rallies
- Before Cookie Go Day (February 17), you are required to train your troop cookie managers and hand out troop cookie sale materials to them to ensure they are prepared.
- Monitor troop initial orders and make sure they specify a delivery location.
- Be a resource to troops that have questions about finance.
- Additionally, you can opt to host a Cookie Rally to get troops excited for the cookie season! This is a great opportunity to introduce girls to the skills they’ll be honing throughout their sale.
February–March: Manage Troops During the Sale
- By February 1, verify all troop cookie managers have completed the online responsibility form.
- During the sale, you will maintain close communication with troops within your service unit to stay updated regarding which troops have too many or too few cookies on-hand, and to help facilitate cookie transfers.
- Remind troops that all transfers must be entered into Smart Cookies.
- Keep up the cookie spirit by offering support, sharing helpful tips, and inspiring stories of girls accomplishing awesome things through the power of cookies.
- Stay alert to announcements and requests from council via The Cookie Press blog.
March–May: Wrap-Up After the Sale
- After the sale ends (March 26, 2023), you will help to ensure that all troops within your service unit allocate cookies to girls, submit girl rewards on time (April 3), and submit their Finance/Inventory Issue Form if necessary.
- The rewards for your service unit will be shipped directly to you around mid-May. Once you receive them, you are responsible for accurately checking the items in and reporting discrepancies or miscounts to Girl Scouts River Valleys by June 1. In Smart Cookies, run the “Recognition Order Summary by Troop” report to organize your packing list and contact the troops to arrange for pickup. Be sure the item count is correct by double-checking the troop’s item count with their troop cookie manager.