The 2020 Cookie Program has ended. Check back in the fall for next year’s sale dates.
All troops participating in the Girl Scout Cookie Program are encouraged to recruit a troop cookie manager and all service units are encouraged to recruit a service unit cookie manager to help manage the sale. The following Cookie Program training opportunities are intended for these two types of cookie volunteers.
For Troop Cookie Managers
Service units will reach out to you with in-person training details. If your service unit does not have in-person training or you missed your training you are required to complete the online training.In-Person Training
Contact your local service unit cookie manager to find out when and where your in-person training will take place.
Complete the Troop Cookie Manager Online Training if your service unit does not have an in-person training or you missed yours.
For Service Unit Cookie Managers
We invite all service unit cookie volunteers to attend the Cookie Conference. If you are unable to attend, you can complete training online. While the online training link is available below, the Cookie Conference in-person training is recommended and comes with perks.In-Person Training: Cookie Conference Online Training
Complete the Service Unit Cookie Manager Online Training if you were unable to attend the Cookie Conference in-person training.
In order for service units to receive the Service Unit Bonus, at least one service unit cookie manager in your service unit must attend the Cookie Conference or complete online cookie training by January 11, 2020.
- Provide them with a high-level overview of the program, why it’s important, what participation does for girls, how the sale impacts the community, and general how to’s. You are welcome to use the Troop Cookie Manager In-Person Training Presentation as a guide.
- Go over need-to-know items from the Troop Cookie Manager Guidebook.
- Share tips and tricks that you have found to be helpful for the sale—especially about managing inventory, cookie cupboards, and cookie booth tips.
- Connect first-time cookie volunteers with seasoned pros to continue sharing ideas and best practices.
- It is important for troops to know how to do critical steps in Smart Cookies before the season begins. To train your troops, show them how to find the step-by-step Smart Cookies Guide and videos. You can also perform a live demo of the system at your training and walk through Smart Cookies basics together.
- Use the Lessons that Last a Lifetime video to remind troops what the cookie season is all about.
Related Articles & Resources
Service Unit Cookie Manager Role & Responsibilities
Service Unit Cookie Manager Guidebook & Resources
Troop Cookie Manager Role & Responsibilities
Troop Cookie Manager Guidebook & Resources
Smart Cookies Guide
Cookie Rally Guide
The Cookie Press
Cookie Booth Sales
2020 Cookie Program Changes