Welcome Treasurers—Thank you for taking on this important role!
As a treasurer, you manage Service Unit finances and supervise troops in earning and managing their money. By properly managing finances, you take a lead role in modeling and teaching proper money management for troop leaders and girls.
Your Year at a Glance
Upon Registration: Role On-Boarding
Once you register as a treasurer, we have an online Service Unit orientation to help you understand your role and access online training. Volunteers must complete the position agreement for their Service Unit role.
September–October: Assist Troop Start-Up
- Ensure all troops have a bank account prior to participating in money earning activities like Fall Product Program and the Cookie Program.
- Assist new troops with opening bank accounts (ongoing).
Ensure all troops have a bank account prior to Cookie Go Day.
Assist Service Unit Cookie Manager and Service Unit Manager in assessing any financial issues related to the Cookie Program.
- Submit Service Unit Finance Report by June 30.
- Send out reminders for troops to fill out and submit finance reports by June 30. Provide troops with your email address so you receive an emailed copy of their submitted finance report.
- Assist troops in filling out their finance report if needed.
- Follow-up with troops who have not submitted their report.
- Review finance reports and discuss problems with your Service Unit Manager.
- Collaborate with your Service Unit team to update budget for upcoming year.