The number of years an individual may be appointed to the volunteer role of service unit manager is subject to a term limit.
- Individuals are appointed to the service unit manager role on an annual basis by River Valleys staff, with a maximum term of three years.
- The term limit applies regardless of ability to find a replacement at the end of a term.
- The term limit applies to the role of service unit managers only. Individuals may hold other volunteer roles after the completion of their term.
- A Service Unit Manager who has reached her or his term limit may be eligible for appointment again after at least three years.
- Individuals may be removed before the end of their term at the discretion of River Valleys.