Assets, including property, that are received in the name of and for the benefit of Girl Scouting must be held and authorized by River Valleys.
- River Valleys defines an asset as an individual item valued at $500 or greater (whether purchased or donated).
- Such assets are the property of and are administered by River Valleys, not individuals, troops, service units, or groups (such as service units working in cooperation).
- River Valleys individual members, troops, service units, or groups may own individual items valued at less than $500 without express authorization of the council.
- Regardless of value, ownership of anything that requires a license or registration, such as vehicles, boats, or trailers is prohibited.
- River Valleys is not responsible for loss or damage of property or items owned by service units, troops, individual members, or groups.
- Service units and troops may be required to include an inventory list of all owned items as part of their annual finance reporting.
- River Valleys reserves the right to further define parameters for ownership of items, regardless of value, in the name of and for the benefit of Girl Scouting.
- Policy violations will be addressed by River Valleys staff on an individual basis.