Girl Scouts River Valleys is the sole proprietor and governing body of its data. River Valleys’ member, donor, and employee data is essential to its successful operation and integrity, and is held in the utmost regard. It is the responsibility of River Valleys employees, contractors, vendors, volunteers, or anyone with access to data, whether electronic or printed, to comply with this policy and its standards.
- Other Girl Scout data owned by Girl Scouts of the USA is separate from River Valleys and is governed by the policies of Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Definition of data:
- Personally identifiable information gathered, accessed, stored, or exported from Girl Scout systems.
- Personally identifiable information gathered, accessed, stored, or exported by anyone operating in an official role or other Girl Scout capacity.
- Information including but not limited to names, email addresses, phone numbers, participation information, demographics, eligibility for financial assistance, volunteer eligibility, any other personally identifiable information.
- This list is at the discretion of River Valleys and is subject to change without notice.
- River Valleys data are distributed, accessed, stored, transmitted, and disposed of securely. River Valleys takes necessary measures to keep its data secure, including but not limited to complying with or exceeding industry standards regarding all systems used to manage member, former member, participant, donor, business or program partner, vendor, and employee data.
- River Valleys strives to keep its member data accurate and conducts regular and periodic quality assurance checks to improve data integrity.
- River Valleys employees, contractors, vendors, volunteers, or anyone with access to data are responsible for ensuring compliance with this policy by anyone they provide data access to.
- Data collected by program or business partners or vendors directly (e.g. registration for partner-led program events) are subject to the policies of that organization. River Valleys is not responsible for data collected by its program or business partners or vendors.
- River Valleys data management and security policies are overseen by a Data Governance Team, which is managed by an appointed Chief Data Officer.
- River Valleys complies with record retention guidelines as defined by Girl Scouts of the USA. These guidelines are periodically reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Failure to comply will result in consequences up to and including termination of employment, removal from Girl Scout volunteer roles, termination of contract(s), and possible legal action under local, state, and federal laws.