River Valleys uses Girl Scout membership and participation systems to ensure safety of girls and communicate with members. This requires the contact and relationship information documented in Girl Scout membership and participation systems to reflect legal and/or custodial relationships.
- Within River Valleys’ membership and participation systems, a household refers to a collection of contact records.
- Girl member contact records may only be placed in households with adults who have legal and/or custodial relationships with the girl.
- Contact information within a household must reflect the accurate contact information of legal and/or custodial adult members.
- River Valleys will adjust household records to reflect changes to legal and/or custodial relationships.
- River Valleys may request documentation related to legal and/or custodial arrangements at any time.
- River Valleys will accept payments from third parties for any girl to register for Girl Scout membership or any Girl Scout events or camps. Third parties do not have direct online access to the girl’s records, but they may make payment by phone, mail, or in person.
- Registration confirmation, girl permission or releases, and invoices are sent to the legal and/or custodial contact on the girl’s record.