Girl Scouts who participate in the Girl Scout Cookie Program can earn a variety of rewards, and Girl Scouts River Valleys strives each year to select reward options that are motivating to all program grade levels. It is important that Girl Scout families and supporting adults understand how these rewards are earned and received, and the role that troop and Service Unit volunteers play in the process.
- Cookie Program “girl rewards” are program-related benefits provided to youth members participating in the Girl Scout Cookie Program based on their individual sales activity. Girl Scouts River Valleys chooses reward items on an annual basis and specifies the requirements for earning them.
- Girl rewards are separate from proceeds earned by troops or individually registered/Juliette Girl Scouts.
- Cookie Program girl rewards are earned and cannot be purchased.
- Girl rewards are calculated automatically by the online inventory management system at the end of that year’s Cookie Program and are based on the total packages allocated to each individual Girl Scout.
- Troop leaders/Juliette mentors are responsible for entering girl reward choices in the online system, managing and distributing rewards received from their Service Unit, ensuring timely distribution, and providing clear communication to families about pickup.
- Service Unit volunteer teams receive and distribute troop and individual girl rewards.
- Service Unit team responsibilities include accepting reward deliveries, confirming accuracy of reward deliveries, ensuring timely distribution, and clear communication with troops and Juliette Girl Scout families about pickup times.
- Some rewards may be shipped directly to the recipient’s home address.
- Girl Scouts will automatically be issued Cookie Credits if a reward choice has not been selected in the online system by the published deadline.
- While some rewards cannot be exchanged, if there is an error or an exchange is desired, council staff will evaluate these requests and accommodate as they are able.
- Girl rewards in the form of Program Credits, vouchers, or coupons may have additional guidance for use or redemption.
- See policy: Cookie Credits & Fall FUNds