In the event of an accident/incident involving a child or non-staff adult participant at a Girl Scout activity, the responsible volunteer or staff member must follow all established procedures for obtaining medical assistance and reporting the accident/incident.
- An Accident/Incident Report Form should be completed and submitted to River Valleys within 24 hours of the accident/incident.
- Girl Scouts River Valleys must verify that the claim is for a Girl Scout-related accident or illness.
- Girl Scout members, or non-members (when additional non-member Mutual of Omaha insurance coverage was purchased): If the accident/incident resulted in medical attention, the injured party can submit a Mutual of Omaha Claim Form.
- An individual who is unsure about their coverage may contact River Valleys and speak to Property Management.
- Non-members participating in a Girl Scout event where non-member insurance was not purchased are not eligible to file a claim.
- Accidents/incidents involving River Valleys staff are not covered here and should refer to HR policies.