Use this form to request use of activity area and equipment as well as camp staff to run activity.
Girl Scouts River Valleys camps have several program opportunities available for day camps during the summer. Camp staff can be provided to ensure safety and facilitate the program. Schedules can be flexible based on the number of girls and the time available for each day camp.
Availability of Camp Staff to Lead Activities
- Mondays through Thursdays, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm.*
- Evening swims may be available Monday through Wednesday 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
*Please note that availability will be confirmed by the camp director 2-3 weeks before the day camp dates.
Listed below are the activities and capacities available:
|Activity||Camp Elk River capacity |
|Camp Lakamaga capacity
(3 per canoe)
(3 per unit)
|Low Ropes Course||15||15|
The prices for these activities is as follows when you use our camp staff:
- Archery, GPS and Low Ropes:
- $4.00 per participant per hour
- Swimming, Canoeing and Kayaking:
- $50.00 per hour per 25 campers
- Girl Scouts River Valleys camps do not charge for request of Trading Post.
- There is no cost when you provide the certified activity leader except for the swimming area. Connect with your camp director liaison for more information.
Proof of Certification
Please ensure the day camp director has copies of current certification cards/certificates on file for each day camp volunteer who is facilitating an activity. This is in order to be in compliance with both Safety Activity Checkpoints and camp industry standards.
Swimmer and Watcher Ratios
Day camps provide the watchers (adult volunteers) for each swimming activity time. They assist the lifeguards in watching the water for safe swimming activity and will be oriented by the camp lifeguards. Use the table below to determine how many watchers to provide.
|Number of swimmers||Number of watchers
to be provided by group
To Request Program Activity Time at a Girl Scouts River Valleys Camp:
Please complete and submit the form below at least four weeks before your day camp begins. The Camp Director will confirm availability and pricing for your request three weeks before your day camp.
If you have any questions please contact us.