Financial reports from troops and service units are required for the following reasons:
- All Girl Scout Councils are required by Girl Scouts of the USA and the Internal Revenue Service to make sure that proper records of funds are maintained and kept on file at the Council office for audit purposes;
- To protect the interest of the troop or service unit;
- To protect the volunteers;
- To provide helpful information for new volunteers assuming leadership of an existing group;
- To answer any questions on the whereabouts of group funds and the use of such funds;
- Troops to be approved for Troop Money-Earning Projects;
- Service Units to receive funding or Product Program bonuses;
- Failure to do so may result in a financial restriction on leadership roles by volunteers.
Submit this Finance Report by June 30, 2017. This report is for the period of June 1, 2016 through May 31, 2017. Complete the following form, attach a copy of your most current bank statement.