River Valleys reserves the right to remove volunteers who engage in any conduct that it determines, in its sole discretion, puts member safety or well-being in jeopardy, and/or negatively impacts Girl Scouts River Valleys’ financial or organizational health. Its decisions shall generally be guided by this policy and related policies and shall reflect its paramount commitment to the safety and well-being of River Valleys’ girl members.
- All volunteers are expected to continuously uphold the Girl Scout Promise and Law in words and actions.
- Grounds for removal include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following categories:
- Violation of Girl Scouts of the United States of America or Girl Scouts River Valleys policies and/or procedures.
- Misuse or misappropriation of Girl Scout funds.
- Conduct detrimental to girl or adult members, volunteers, or staff.
- Failure to complete the duties assigned to the role held, as stated in the applicable position description.
- Failure to complete or pass required background check.
- The best interests of our girl members guide removal decisions.
- All case records and actions regarding removals are available only to those with a legitimate need to know and as required by applicable law or court order.
- Volunteers may appeal their removal following the official appeal process.
- Removals are final and binding, barring a successful appeal.
- The Volunteer Relations Committee currently includes River Valleys’ Volunteer Relations Manager, Director of Volunteer Support, Chief of Staff of Operations, and Chief Operating Officer.