Girl Scout Cookie Program inventory (“inventory”) must be handled according to River Valleys standards.
- Inventory is defined as packages or cases of Girl Scout cookies.
- All inventory must be sold at the price set by River Valleys.
- All inventory must be handled and stored properly and responsibly (e.g. dry, cool, smoke-free, pest-free, protected).
- Household responsibilities:
- Parents/guardians assume responsibility for the proper care and storage of all inventory received from their troop or a River Valleys Cookie Cupboard and will be held financially responsible for inventory that is lost, stolen, or damaged while in their possession.
- Inventory that is damaged after it is received from a River Valleys Cookie Cupboard or the Initial Order is the responsibility of the household currently in possession and cannot be returned.
- Inventory not returned to the troop by the date indicated on the Family Cookie Responsibility Form becomes the property of the household. The household is financially responsible for payment to the troop.
- Households must submit to their troop 50% or more of money due before acquiring additional inventory.
- Troop cookie volunteer (troop cookie manager or troop leader) responsibilities:
- Troop cookie volunteers assume physical and financial responsibility for all inventory in their possession. This includes damaged cases or packages accepted by the troop cookie volunteer from households.
- Troop cookie volunteers are responsible for issuing a signed receipt to families for all inventory transactions and for all money turned in.
- Cookie cases and individual packages that are received damaged from a River Valleys Cookie Cupboard or the Initial Order may be exchanged for new cases or packages of the same variety.
- Inventory that is damaged after it is received from a River Valleys Cookie Cupboard is the responsibility of the troop currently in possession and cannot be returned.
- Inventory trades between troops known as “cookie swaps” are allowed with the consent of both troops and following all parameters published annually by River Valleys.
- Troop cookie volunteers are responsible for completing a transfer electronically in the baker-provided online system for any inventory that moves between troops.
- Unsold cases and packages of cookies cannot be returned to River Valleys.