All River Valleys members serving in a volunteer role that involves interacting with girls, handling money, and/or having access to member data are required to pass a background check every three years.
- The background check is defined as a check of criminal history conducted by River Valleys’ approved vendor, authorized by the member, and does not include a credit check.
- The background check is a required component of the River Valleys’ volunteer screening procedure.
- All prospective and returning volunteers must authorize River Valleys to perform a background check when they begin, and every three years thereafter.
- Volunteers are asked to provide their social security number as part of the background check process. Volunteers may bypass the social security number.
- All background check invitations and instructions are sent via email.
- To obtain or renew a volunteer appointment, members must follow background check instructions provided by River Valleys’ approved vendor.
- River Valleys will take necessary measures to ensure that member data is secure.
- River Valleys pays the full cost of background checks.