River Valleys provides annual funding to service units that meet the established requirements. River Valleys reserves the right to deny funding to service units that do not meet the requirements.
- In order to receive yearly council funding, a service unit must meet the following requirements:
- Need to have submitted a Girl Scout Finance Report for the previous year by the June 30 deadline.
- Must have a checking account with a minimum of two signers who are appointed service team volunteers in good standing.
- Funds are issued at a per registered member rate. Member numbers are based on the previous year.
- Appropriate uses for council issued service unit funds:
- Office supplies
- Duplication of agenda handouts and meeting notices
- Equipment rental for service unit events
- Books, packets, and pamphlets for the service unit library
- Food for meetings, events, trainings, and recognitions
- Honorariums for guest speakers at leader meetings, training, or service unit events
- Fees for membership or registration for a service unit representative in an organization, workshop, or training
- Tokens of appreciation for community speakers and sponsors
- Expenses for recognition of older girls and all volunteers within the service unit
- Recognitions should be equitable
- Bank service charges