The 2021 Girl Scouts River Valleys’ Cookie Sale will be held February 20 through April 2. The following resources will be updated closer to the sale.
The Troop Cookie Manager Guidebook is your ultimate guide to the entire cookie season. This article for troop cookie managers lists all the accompanying resources referenced in the guidebook.2021 Key Dates
- December 5-9: Service Unit Virtual Training Sessions
- January 18: Cookie Booth Lottery
- January 20: First-come, first-served booth sign-up opens in Smart Cookies
- January 22: Troop initial cookie order deadline in Smart Cookies
- January 25: Service uni initial cookie order deadline in Smart Cookies
- February 12-18: Initial order cookie deliveries
- February 20: Cookie Go Day & Booth Go Day
- March 19: First ACH withdrawal from troop bank account for troop cookie inventory (As of March 12)
- April 2: Cookie sales end
- April 7: Reward order deadline for troops in Smart Cookies
- April 7: Final cookie money deposit due in troop bank account; Finance/Inventory Issues Form due (if needed)
- April 10: Reward order deadline for service units in Smart Cookies
- April 30: Automated Clearing House (ACH) withdrawal from troop bank account for money due to Girl Scouts River Valleys
- Week of May 17: Rewards ship to service units
Resources for Downloading and Printing
Key Cookie Program Dates
Don’t forget to mark down these key dates in your calendar. Updated with new dates from the sale extension.
Download Key Cookie Program Dates
Cookie Program Policies Packet
Participation in the Girl Scout Cookie Program must be conducted according to Girl Scouts River Valleys and Girl Scouts of the USA policies and standards.
Download Cookie Program Policies Packet
Troop Cookie Manager Responsibility Form
You are required to read and sign a copy of this form prior to accepting cookie inventory. This form must be turned in to your service unit cookie manager.
Download Troop Cookie Manager Responsibility Form
Family Cookie Responsibility Form
Have families complete and sign this form before they are given cookie inventory. Keep on file until December 31. This form will release your troop of financial responsibility if a family does not return cookies or money by the designated date.
Download Family Cookie Responsibility Form
Cookie Varieties Handout
Troops can print this list of available cookies to hang up at a booth or hand out to customers.
Download Cookie Varieties Handout
Per Girl Average Bar Graph
Check out the Per Girl Average for cookies sold in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by program grade level.
Download Per Girl Average Bar Graph
Donation Program Receipts
Girls can issue customers a donation receipt, as donations for these programs are tax deductible.
Download Donation Program Receipts
Deposit Slip Check Listing Sheet
Use this tracking sheet to keep detailed copies of all deposit slips and bank receipts until December 31.
Download Deposit Slip Check Listing Sheet
Encoded Deposit Slips
Contact us to have specially encoded deposit slips printed for Juliettes to use. Ensure Juliettes use these these slips deposit cookie money into Girl Scouts River Valleys’ Wells Fargo account.
Family Cookie Money Handling Tips
Cookie money tips for families from the Troop Cookie Manager Guidebook and the Troop Cookie Manager Responsibility Form.
Download Family Cookie Money Handling Tips
Counterfeit Money Tips
Read information on what to do if you or your troop encounters counterfeit money, and to what to look for when receiving cash.
Download Counterfeit Money Tips
PayAnywhere/Credit Card Handbook for Cookies
Use these instructions to set up a PayAnywhere account—a free credit card reader for smartphones for troop cookie activities.
Download PayAnywhere/Credit Card Handbook for Cookies
How Cookie Money Flows
This diagram shows an overview of the sequesnce of steps cookie money follows throughout the Cookie Program.
Download How Cookie Money Flows
- The Cookie Press – Read The Cookie Press blog for up-to-date information about Girl Scout cookie program training, initial orders, cookie booths, rewards, Smart Cookies and more.
- Cookie Program Training – Learn more about in-person and online training opportunities for Cookie Program volunteers.
- Resources for Girls and Families – Find cookie resources like order cards and safety guidelines for girls and families who are selling cookies.
- abcSmartCookies.com – Smart Cookies is the online platform that will help you and your troop through all the phases of the cookie program.
- Smart Cookies Guide – Use these step-by-step tutorials to guide you through the Smart Cookies platform.
- Cookie Booth Sales – Find more information and resources related to cookie booths.
- Cookie Cupboards – Find information about cookie cupboards including addresses, operating dates & hours, printable drive-up directions, and inventory alerts.
- Planned Orders FAQ – Reference this article when you or your troop has questions around planned orders or cookie cupboards.
- Initial Order – Find information about initial cookie orders including how to place an initial order, steps to earn the initial order patch, delivery assignments and deadlines.
- CookieCalculator.org – Use this online tool to help determine your initial cookie order.
- Cookie Swap Wiki Instructions – Reference this resource to learn how to use the Cookie Swap Wiki for transferring cookie inventory between troops
- Troop Cookie Family Meeting Article – This article outlines how to host a cookie business meeting that should be held in December or early January.
- Cookie Donation Programs – Learn about our two cookie donation programs.
- Cookie Contests & Patch Programs – Find more information about cookie contests and patch programs.
- Rewards – See the full cookie reward lineup of items (including Cookie Credits) that girls can earn, and additional reward information.
- Finance/Inventory Issue Form – Use this form to report any financial issue that occurred during the cookie season. Submission deadlines and FAQs are included.
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) FAQs – These frequently asked questions will help you understand situations that require a withdrawal or credit to troop bank accounts.
- River Valleys Troop Product Program Facebook Group – Join the Facebook group to connect with other Cookie Program volunteers.