The Troop Cookie Manager Guidebook is your ultimate guide to the entire cookie season. This article for troop cookie managers lists the accompanying resources referenced in the guidebook.
2022 Key Dates
- January 9-15: Cookie booth lottery selection timeframe in Smart Cookies
- January 16: Cookie Booth lottery runs in Smart Cookies
- January 19-31: Cookie booth first-come, first-served rounds
- January 22: Troop initial cookie order deadline in Smart Cookies
- February 1: Girls will receive their Smart Cookies registration links by email. That’s when they can set up their online account and get ready to send emails to family & friends and share their cookie link on social media.
- February 11-17: Initial order cookie deliveries
- February 12: Online sales and pre-sales begin
- February 19: Cookie Go Day & Booth Go Day
- April 3: Cookie sale ends
- April 8: Reward order deadline for troops in Smart Cookies, final cookie money deposit due in troop account, Finance/Inventory Issue Forms due (if applicable)
- May 4: Final Automated Clearing House (ACH) withdrawal from troop bank account for money due to Girl Scouts River Valleys
- Week of May 23: Rewards ship to service units
Resources for Downloading and Printing
Troop Cookie Companion
Use this handy-dandy sidekick to keep you on-task before, during, and after the sale.
Download Troop Cookie Companion
Cookie Varieties Handout
Troops can print this list of available cookies to hang up at a booth or hand out to customers.
Download Cookie Varieties Handout
Donation Program Receipts
Girls can issue customers a donation receipt, as donations for these programs are tax deductible.
Download Donation Program Receipts
Deposit Slip Check Listing Sheet
Use this tracking sheet to keep detailed copies of all deposit slips and bank receipts until December 31.
Download Deposit Slip Check Listing Sheet
- Cookie Central – Your one-stop hub for all things cookies.
- The Cookie Press – Read The Cookie Press blog for up-to-date information about Girl Scout cookie program training, initial orders, cookie booths, rewards, Smart Cookies and more.
- Cookie Program Training – Learn more about in-person and online training opportunities for Cookie Program volunteers.
- Cookie Program Policies – Learn more about policies for Cookie Program volunteers and girls.
- Resources for Girls and Families – Find cookie resources like order cards and safety guidelines for girls and families who are selling cookies.
- Troop Cookie Manager Responsibility Form – Each troop cookie manager must fully read and acknowledge understanding of their role requirements and responsibilities prior to participating in the Girl Scout Cookie Program, Service unit cookie managers will receive a copy for their records.
- Family Cookie Responsibility Form – Each participating Girl Scout family must fully read and acknowledge understanding of the adult/family responsibilities and cookie sale procedures prior to participating in the Girl Scout Cookie Program, including cookie booths, before girls begin selling cookies.
- abcSmartCookies.com – Smart Cookies is the online platform that will help you and your troop through all the phases of the cookie program.
- Smart Cookies Guide – Use these step-by-step tutorials to guide you through the Smart Cookies platform.
- Cookie Booth Sales – Find more information and resources related to cookie booths.
- Cookie Cupboards – Find information about cookie cupboards including addresses, operating dates & hours, printable drive-up directions, and inventory alerts.
- How Cookie Money Works – This article for troop leaders, cookie managers and families outlines how cookie money works throughout the cookie program including a timeline and tips for handling money.
- Planned Orders FAQ – Reference this article when you or your troop has questions around planned orders or cookie cupboards.
- Initial Order – Find information about initial cookie orders including how to place an initial order, steps to earn the initial order patch, delivery assignments and deadlines.
- CookieCalculator.org – Use this online tool to help determine your initial cookie order.
- Troop Cookie Family Meeting Article – This article outlines how to host a cookie business meeting that should be held in December or early January.
- Cookie Donation Programs – Learn about our cookie donation program.
- Cookie Contests & Patch Programs – Find more information about cookie contests and patch programs.
- Rewards – See the full cookie reward lineup of items (including Cookie Credits) that girls can earn, and additional reward information.
- Finance/Inventory Issue Form – Use this form to report any financial issue that occurred during the cookie season. Submission deadlines and FAQs are included.
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) FAQs – These frequently asked questions will help you understand situations that require a withdrawal or credit to troop bank accounts.
- River Valleys Troop Product Program Facebook Group – Join the Facebook group to connect with other Cookie Program volunteers.
- Cookie Swap Instructions – Reference this resource to learn how to use the Cookie Swap for transferring cookie inventory between troops.