The 2018 Girl Scout cookie sale has ended. The 2019 cookie sale will take place February 9 – March 24, 2019. The following resources will be updated prior to the 2019 cookie sale.
The Troop Cookie Manager Guidebook is your ultimate guide to the entire cookie season. This article for troop cookie managers lists all the accompanying resources referenced in the guidebook.
These resources complement the Before the Sale section, which begins on page 6 of the guidebook:
- Cookie Program Training – You are required to complete two online trainings, unless you are able to attend an in-person training at your service unit.
- Smart Cookies Troop Manual – Reference these instructions throughout the sale as you work in Smart Cookies.
- GirlScoutsRV.App.Box.com/Cookie-Press-Archives – Find past editions of Cookie Press, a weekly e-newsletter emailed to troop and service unit cookie managers.
- GirlScoutsRV.org/Cookies – This section of our website is a great resource for girls, families, and cookie customers.
- Cookie Varieties Handout – This handout shows each type of cookie available.
- What Can a Cookie Do? – An inspiring video on the cookie program and its impact on girls.
- Troop Cookie Manager Responsibilities Form – You are required read and sign a copy of this form prior to accepting cookie inventory. This form must be turned in to your service unit cookie manager.
- Health, Safety, and Using Safety-Wise – Be sure to follow proper activity planning approval procedures.
Troop and Girl Goals
- Juliette Program Credit Amounts – This details how many Juliette Program Credits will be earned for Juliette participation.
- Business Skills and the Cookie Program – This handout walks you through developing girls’ business and financial skills, and outlines how to earn the Cookie Activity Pin.
- Sales Goal Poster – This fillable poster will help girls track their progress on their cookies sales goals.
- ABCSmartCookies.com – When deciding on reward goals, use Smart Cookies to find an accurate per girl average (PGA) calculation. Sellers and volunteers are able to use their online account starting November/December.
- GirlScoutsRV.org/Cookie-Rewards – See the full cookie reward lineup of items (including Cookie Credits) that girls can earn.
Cookie Business Meeting
- Family Cookie Responsibility Form – You must complete the family cookie return date on this form and collect a signed copy before a girl sells cookies. This form will release your troop of financial responsibility if a family does not return cookies or money by the designated date.
- Smart Cookies Walkthrough from Girl Perspective – Use this to train girls and guardians on Smart Cookies at your troop training.
- Troop Family Meeting Two: Cookies – This article outlines how to host a cookie business meeting that should be held in December or early January.
- Safety Guidelines – Have girls and families review the safety guidelines they are responsible for following.
Initial Inventory for Troops
- CookieCalculator.com – Use this tool to help determine your initial inventory order.
- ABCSmartCookies.com – During your initial inventory, use Smart Cookies to enter your initial order including choosing your delivery location and time. Sellers and volunteers are able to use their online account starting November/December.
- 2018 Cookie Delivery Locations – This list shows the locations and addresses for Mega Drop deliveries for the initial order pickup.
- Initial Cookie Orders Video – The following video details why you should place an initial order:
Cookie Sales Opportunities
- Cookie Order Card in color or in black and white – These printer-friendly order cards can be used if you fill up the order card you started the sale with.
- Thank You Card – Include a thank you card when delivering cookies to help build customer loyalty.
- Customer Tablet of Fliers – Use these handouts to help answer customer questions.
- Council Secured Cookie Booth Locations – Use this to plan your cookie booths at council-secured location. If a business is not listed here, you can contact the location to set up troop-secured cookie booth.
- Current Sales Data – Check historical sales at your booth location for an estimate of how many cookies to bring. These sales are self-reported and are not a guarantee of sales. To view past years’ historical data, visit GirlScoutsRV.Box.com/Historical-Booth-Data.
- ABCSmartCookies.com – During the sale, use Smart Cookies to sign up for a council-arranged booth, request a troop-arranged booth, and report booth sales. Sellers and volunteers are able to use their online account starting November/December.
- GirlScoutsRV.box.com/Booth-Instructions – Each council-arranged booth location has a special set of instructions, find them here.
- Quick Booth Tips – This handout is full of helpful questions and answers about cookie booths.
- Tally Sheet – Use this to keep track of the cookies sold at each booth.
- Good Booth/Bad Booth Worksheet & Answer Key – Use this worksheet with your girls to learn best booth practices.
- Cookie Booth FAQ – Use this handout to answer customer questions accurately.
- Donate a Package of Cookies Flyer – Use this handout or booth decoration to encourage customers to participate in Operation Cookie Care Package by donating a box of cookies.
- Support Our Troops Poster – Use this poster to encourage customers to participate in Operation Cookie Care Package by donating a box of cookies.
- GirlScoutsRV.org/Cookie-Donations – Learn about Cookies for the Community and Operation Cookie Care Package.
- 5 for $20 Poster – Decorate your booth!
- Red, White, and Booth Military Poster – Decorate your booth!
Council Cookie Cupboards
- Council Cookie Cupboards – This reference page lists all the cookie cupboard locations and available inventory.
Troop Cookie Inventory Management
- RiverValleysCookieSwap.com – The Cookie Swap Wiki is an online forum for Girl Scouts River Valleys volunteers to swap cookies with each other.
- Cookie Swap Instructions – This guide explains how to use the Cookie Swap Wiki.
Making Cookie Money Deposits
- ACH Electronic Debit Withdraw Authorization – All troops participating in the Cookie program must submit this by January 12.
- Collection Problem Report – In the event a troop does not deposit sufficient funds in their bank account for the second ACH debit to occur, submit this form.
- Deposit Ticket Check Listing Sheet – Use this tracking sheet to keep detailed copies of all deposit tickets and bank receipts until December 31.
- Encoded Deposit Slips – Contact us to have specially encoded deposit slips printed for Juliette to use. Ensure Juliettes use these these slips deposit cookie money into Girl Scouts River Valleys’ Wells Fargo account.
- Check Acceptance Policy – Post this at your cookie booth or anytime you accept checks.
- PayAnywhere/Credit Card Handbook for Cookies – Use these instructions to set up a PayAnywhere account—a free credit card reader for smartphones for troop cookie activities.
Cookie Donation Programs
- Donation Program Receipt – Girls can issue customers a donation receipt, as donations for these programs are tax deductible.
- ABCSmartCookies.com – Cookie donations must be tracked in Smart Cookies, based on the type of donation. Sellers and volunteers are able to use their online account starting November/December.
- GirlScoutsRV.org/Cookie-Donations – Learn about our two cookie donation programs.
- Operation Cookie Care Package Poster – Decorate your booth!
- Cookies for the Community Poster – Decorate your booth!
Ordering Girl Rewards
- ABCSmartCookies.com – Smart Cookies automatically calculates girl rewards based on the total packages allocated to the girl, volunteers will need to go into Smart Cookies to order the items for each individual girl. Sellers and volunteers are able to use their online account starting November/December.