The 2023 Girl Scouts River Valleys Cookie Program begins February 17 and ends March 26.
The Service Unit Cookie Manager Guidebook is your ultimate guide to the entire cookie season. This article for service unit cookie managers lists all the accompanying resources referenced in the guidebook.
- January 15: Cookie booth lottery runs in Smart Cookies
- January 18: Cookie booth first-come, first-served sign-up begins in Smart Cookies
- January 22: Troop initial order entry due in Smart Cookies
- January 23: Service Unit initial order entry due in Smart Cookies
- February 10: Online sales and pre-sales begin
- February 10-16: Initial order delivery dates
- February 17: Cookie & Booth Go Day
- February 17-March 26: Cookie Cupboards open
- March 17: First ACH withdrawal from troop bank account
- March 26: Cookie Program ends
- April 1: Troop reward order entry due in Smart Cookies. Finance/Inventory Issue Forms Due (if applicable)
- April 2: Service Unit reward order entry due in Smart Cookies
- May 3: Final ACH withdrawal from troop bank account
- Week of May 22: Rewards shipped to Service Units
Resources for Downloading and Printing
Cookie Rally Guide
Use this guide to help you when planning a cookie rally. At your rally you can use the activity guides included in this resource.
Download Cookie Rally Guide
Service Unit Cookie Notebook
Use this guidebook to dive deeper into your role in supporting troops through their program participation.
Download Service Unit Cookie Notebook
Encoded Deposit Slips
Contact us to have specially encoded deposit slips printed for Juliettes to use. Ensure Juliettes use these these slips deposit cookie money into Girl Scouts River Valleys’ Wells Fargo account.
- Cookie Central – Your one-stop hub for all things cookies.
- The Cookie Press – Read The Cookie Press blog for up-to-date information about Girl Scout cookie program training, initial orders, cookie booths, rewards, Smart Cookies and more.
- Cookie Program Training – Learn more about in-person and online training opportunities for Cookie Program volunteers in addition to the PowerPoint presentation you can use to train your troops.
- Cookie Program Policies – Learn more about policies for Cookie Program volunteers and girls.
- Troop Cookie Manager Resources – View resources for troop cookie managers.
- Troop Cookie Manager Responsibility Form – Each troop cookie manager must fully read and acknowledge understanding of their role requirements and responsibilities prior to participating in the Girl Scout Cookie Program, Service unit cookie managers will receive a copy for your records.
- abcSmartCookies.com – Smart Cookies is the online platform that will help you and your troops through all the phases of the cookie program.
- Smart Cookies Guide – Use these step-by-step tutorials to guide you through the Smart Cookies platform.
- Cookie Cupboards – Find information about cookie cupboards including addresses, operating dates & hours, printable drive-up directions, and inventory alerts.
- Planned Orders FAQ – Reference this article when you or your troop has questions around planned orders or cookie cupboards.
- Initial Cookie Order – Find information about initial cookie orders including how to place an initial order, steps to earn the initial order patch, delivery assignments and deadlines.
- CookieCalculator.org – Direct troops to use this online resource to estimate what size initial cookie order to place.
- Cookie Booth Sales – Find more information and resources related to cookie booths.
- Cookie Swap Instructions – Reference this resource to learn how to use the Cookie Swap for transferring cookie inventory between troops
- How Cookie Money Works – This article for troop leaders, cookie managers and families outlines how cookie money works throughout the cookie program including a timeline and tips for handling money.
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) FAQs – These frequently asked questions will help you understand situations that require a withdrawal or credit to troop bank accounts.
- Finance/Inventory Issue Form – Use this form to report any financial issue that occurred during the cookie season. Submission deadlines and FAQs are included.
- Girl Scout Finance Report – To be eligible for the service unit proceeds, this form must completed and at least one service unit cookie manager in the service unit must have completed cookie training online or in-person.
- Facebook.com/GSRVPP – Join the Girl Scouts River Valleys Service Unit Product Program Volunteers Facebook group to connect with other Cookie Program volunteers.