Promoting Girl Scout Camp is easy (and fun!) since many girls consider it one of their favorite places on earth! Service units should promote camp to volunteers in their region to encourage all girls to experience summer camp. This article for service unit managers and other involved volunteers lists camp promotional resources and how to use them.
These downloadable materials are available to all Girl Scouts River Valleys volunteers to use in promoting Girl Scout Camp.
Promotional Camp Video
The “A Day in the Life at Girl Scout Camp” video on YouTube illustrates the fun, friendship, and adventure at camp. It’s a great snapshot of what girls will actually do at camp.
How to Talk About Camp Script
Camp experiences help girls grow and make memories that last a lifetime. At camp, girls make choices and meet challenges in a structured, supportive, supervised environment. Our “How Talk About Camp” presentation script is filled with facts, quotes, and talking points.
Promotional Camp Slideshow
Our promotional camp slideshow is a powerpoint that accompanies the How to Talk About Camp Script. It can be used at volunteer meetings to illustrate what makes Girl Scout Camp so special!
Promotional Camp Website
Camp.GirlScoutsRV.org is our promotional website for Girl Scout River Valleys camp. It is chock-full of information like our camp calendar, what to pack for camp, what girls can expect to learn and do at camp, and more. Share this camp website as a way to educate families and assist families and troop leaders in registering their girls for camp.
Summary of Resources
- A Day in the Life at Girl Scout Camp – A promotional YouTube video about camp.
- How to Talk About Camp – A script about camp for a promotional presentation.
- Girl Scout Camp Presentation – A promotional PointPoint presentation about camp.
- Social Media Images – Promotional camp images to uploaded to any of your social platforms.
- Camp.GirlScoutsRV.org – Our promotional website for Girl Scout River Valleys camp.