Girls and volunteers participating in Girl Scouts are asked to renew their membership annually. The Girl Scout membership year runs from October 1 through September 30 the following year.
Many troops choose to use troop funds to pay for their annual memberships for both girl and adult troop members. This is not only okay – it’s encouraged!
Below are instructions for how troop leaders can renew their troop members:
- Log into MyGS, navigate to My Account, then My Troop(s). Here you will see a list of girl and adult members in your troop. If you lead multiple troops, you will complete the steps below for each troop.
- Check the select all boxes for both girls and adults in your troop. You can uncheck the boxes next to any members who you are not planning to renew. (Do this for any members who plan to renew on their own or for those you are unsure about renewing at this time). You can also uncheck boxes next to any volunteer roles that adults in your troop are not planning to continue to hold next year.If a member of your troop does not intend to renew for the coming year, check the “Not Returning” checkbox.If a girl or volunteer has been accidentally marked as “Not Returning” or you are aren’t seeing the option to renew someone for a role within your troop, please contact us online or call us at 800-845-0787.
- Select the green button labeled “Renew” on the left under “Member Details.”
- You will be prompted to confirm everyone’s contact information. Assuming there are no changes you wish to make, scroll to the bottom and “Choose Payment Type.” Then select “Submit Member Details.” Repeat this process for everyone you are renewing. As a troop leader you are unable to request financial assistance for the renewal of someone outside of your immediate household. If a member of your troop wishes to renew with financial assistance, they will need to renew online themselves or you’ll need to call us at 800-845-0787.If members of your troop would like to use Cookie Credits or Fall FUNds to pay for their renewal, check the program credits checkbox on the payment screen. If they have physical credits, instruct them to mail them to the St. Paul Service Center: 400 South Robert Street, St. Paul, MN 55107. To apply electronic credits towards their renewal, ask them to submit the Electronic Program Credit and/or 2022 Half-Off Camp Code Redemption Form. Renewal is not complete until credits (physical or electronic) are received and applied.
- Next, you will be prompted to review your cart and accept the Girl Scout Promise and Law. Make sure the correct number of girls and volunteers you wish to renew are in your cart and check the box “I agree to the Girl Scout Promise and Law” on the bottom of the page on the right. Once this is complete you will be able to select “Add Payment Details.”
- Finally, complete the payment steps for the troop by entering your credit card information under payment then click “submit payment”
- You’ve successfully renewed your troop! You’ll receive an email confirmation after your renewal has been processed.
Common QuestionsIs it okay that troops use troop funds for membership?
Yes! Using troop funds for registration is not just okay – it’s encouraged. Troops can use troop funds to register girl and adult members.
If your troop will not be continuing next year (either because it is disbanding or the girls will be graduating) please complete the Troop Disband Form.
Summary of Resources
- mygs.girlscouts.org – This website is where you should log in to complete the renewal process.
- Troop Disband Form – Use this form if your troop is disbanding.
- Troop Catalog Update Form – Use this form to request edits to troop information.
- GirlScoutsRV.org/Financial-Assistance – Families can visit this page for financial assistance applications.
- GirlScoutsRV.org/How-To-Renew – Families can visit this page for directions on renewing themselves.