The 2023 Girl Scouts River Valleys Cookie Program begins February 17 and ends March 26. The troop initial cookie order is due January 22.
Troops can choose to place an initial cookie order, which allows girls to have inventory in-hand for Cookie Go Day for in-person and booth sales. Troop initial orders are due January 22, 2023..
How to Place Your Initial Order
Use the Cookie Calculator to help determine your initial order.
Note: Using the cookie calculator is a recommendation only. Your troop should adjust your initial order as you see fit.
- Connect with your troop to see what their goals are for this cookie season.
Log into Smart Cookies online and follow the steps below to complete your initial order.
Note: You can find this and additional step-by-step instructions for Smart Cookies by visiting our Smart Cookies Guide article.
Initial Order: Smart Cookies Step-by-Step
Placing an initial order ensures that your Girl Scouts have the cookies they need to get started on Cookie Go Day. Connect with your troop to see what their goals are for this cookie season. For additional help on calculating your troops initial order, check out the Cookie Calculator
Remember to place your initial order by the designated due date.
- Log into Smart Cookies, go to the Orders tab, and select Troop Initial Order.
- Enter your quantities in CASES by variety.
Note: The initial order is picked up in full cases.
- Click Save.
- Select your delivery station and time.
- Click Save.
Initial Order Delivery
We call this first big delivery the initial order delivery and there are two types: mini drop and mega drop. You can find out if your service unit has a mini or mega drop from your service unit cookie manager.
Mini drops are primarily located in smaller communities. At these deliveries, all the cookies for the service unit are delivered to one location at one time. Your service unit cookie manager will confirm the date, time, and location and share it with you.
Initial Order Delivery Checklist
Whichever type of delivery your troop is assigned to, the Troop Cookie Manager is responsible for:
- Arranging for pickup of the initial order. Reference the Cases Per Vehicle Chart to ensure you will have enough room in your vehicle.
- Printing the order confirmation to bring to the delivery location to confirm totals.
- Verifying the cookie totals by variety at both the delivery location and again before distributing to families.
- Contacting Girl Scouts River Valleys within 24 hours of initial order pickup about any miscounts or damages.
- Setting a day and time for families to pick up their inventory.
- Issuing receipts to families of total cookies picked up, by variety of cookie.
How to Earn the Initial Order Reward
Troops that place an initial order will receive an exclusive Adventureful 2022 boost bar patch for each girl selling. In order to earn these items, the troop must:
- Place the initial order on time and follow the recommended total case count from the Cookie Calculator.
- Enter the number of girls selling into Smart Cookies by January 22, 2023.
Note: If your troop doesn’t enter the number of girls selling, the default will be the number of girls registered for the troop.
Service Unit Cookie Manager Initial Order Responsibilities
Remind troops about the initial order deadline. Initial orders by troops are due January 22. After this date, troops will be locked out of initial orders in Smart Cookies. As a service unit cookie manager, you have until January 23 to assist troops with their initial orders.
If your service unit is participating in a Mega Drop delivery, it will be critical to check that all troops have selected a delivery station by running the Troops With No Specified Delivery Station report, and following up with them when they would like to pick up their order.