Monthly enrichments are designed for service unit team members to train other volunteers through 20-25 minute sessions at service unit team meetings or service unit leader meetings. This article for service unit volunteers lists resources for you to present enrichments at leader meetings to educate, inform, and support your team and leaders.
Conflict Prevention and Management
This enrichment offers tips and resources in managing and preventing volunteer conflict.
- Use the Conflict Prevention and Management Presentation and the accompanying speaker outline.
- Review these Volunteer Relation Tips with leaders.
- Review these Conflict Prevention and Management Scenarios and solutions with leaders.
Trips and Travel
Use this enrichment to walk leaders through travel progressions and planning.
- Use the Field Trip and Travel Basics Presentation and the accompanying speaker outline.
- Review the Field Trip and Travel Handout with families and point them to our Travel Progression and Planning article.
- Use the Field Trip and Travel – Extended Travel (PDF) to provide additional travel information for leaders taking extended trips with their girls (3 nights or more).
This enrichment helps troop leaders feel comfortable asking their troop families for help and getting them involved in their troop.
- Use the Parent/Guardian Involvement Presentation and accompanying speaker outline.
- Hand out the following documents to enrichment attendees:
- GSRV 2017 Parent/Guardian Agreement Form – Suggest that leaders have their troop families complete an agreement form.
- Parent/Guardian Interest Survey – Some leaders might find it helpful to survey troop families to tailor volunteer involvement to each individual’s interest.
- Parent/Guardian Involvement LEAD Enrichment Hand out – This hand out outlines how leaders can host a family meeting.
Songs and Games
This enrichment introduces leaders to Girl Scout songs and games that can be easily integrated into their troop activities.
Service Unit and Troop Finances
This enrichment on Service Unit and Troop Finances is a great introduction for new volunteers and a refresher for existing volunteers on our financial practices.