For over a century, Girl Scouts have proudly worn distinctive uniforms that symbolize the high ideals for which Girl Scouting stands. Uniforms provide unity among Girl Scouts and a feeling of belonging to a worldwide sisterhood. Girl Scout Daisies wear a uniform in ceremonies, when officially representing Girl Scouts, and when they just want to share their Girl Scout pride. This article for Daisy-level troop leaders explains key patches, pins, insignia, and their placement on the Daisy uniform.
Daisies may choose between a blue tunic or a blue vest. For formal events, vests and tunics are worn with white shirts and khaki pants or skirts. In addition to the standard white and khaki option, Daisies may choose to wear a full uniform ensemble, which includes a beanie and leggings or a skirt.
The Front of the Uniform
All official patches, pins, and insignia are placed on the front of the Daisy uniform. A Daisy might not earn all of these awards—it depends on her length of time in the program. The following are the only pins, patches, and awards that belong on the front of the Daisy Girl Scout uniform.
Insignia marked with an asterisks* can be added to girls’ uniforms right away!
- *American Flag Patch – This patch identifies Girl Scouts living in the USA.
- *Council Identification Set – This set includes the Girl Scouts of USA strip and the River Valleys council ID strip.
- *Troop Numerals – Upon joining Girl Scouts, girls will receive a troop number.
- Membership Stars and Disc – These signify the completed years in any given program level. For every year completed, a star is placed on the uniform. These stars will move on to the next program level uniform as to continually represent the years the girl has been in Girl Scouts. A blue colored disk rests behind the star to represent the Daisy program level.
- Cookie Sale Activity Pin – Girls who participate in the Cookie Program are eligible to earn the cookie pin by developing essential business skills and meeting activity requirements. Each year the pin color changes. These pins move on to the next program level uniform as to continually represent the years the girl has participated in Cookie sales.
- My Promise, My Faith Pins – These pins signify girls who’ve completed steps to identify what their faith and Girl Scouting have in common, using the Girl Scout Law as a guide.
- Safety Award Pin – This pin signifies completion of a five-step process for staying safe, tailored to Girl Scout Daisies.
- Petal and Promise Center Set – The very heart of the Daisy uniform is the Daisy petals. A Daisy can earn 10 petals, so be sure to leave room while adding them to the uniform.
- Financial Literacy Leaves – These badges are earned for completing financial literacy requirements from the Daisy Girls’ Guide.
- Girl Scout Daisy Badges – These badges signify the completion of any official Daisy skill building or legacy badges.
- *Daisy Insignia Tab – This tab is used to hold the World Trefoil Pin and Membership Pin.
- *World Trefoil Pin – The World Trefoil Pin shows that you are part of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS).
- *Girl Scout Daisy Membership Pin – This pin signifies that a girl is a member of Girl Scouts.
- Journey Summit Award Pin – This pin signifies that a girl has completed all three Daisy Journeys.
- Cookie Business Leaves – These badges are earned for completing cookie sale activities from the Daisy Girls Guide.
- World Thinking Day Award – This award is earned by participating in activities and projects on World Thinking Day.
- Global Action Award – This award connects the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) sisterhood by helping girls work together to make a difference on an issue that affects girls and women all over the world.
- Girl Scout Daisy Badges – Additional skill building or legacy badges can be placed here.
- Journey Award Badges – These awards signify the Daisy Journey activities a girl has completed. When they Journey Award is earned, they are put together to make a special picture.
The Back of the Uniform
If girls can’t fit all the official awards and patches on the front of your uniform, they can place them on the back. However, the back of the uniform is meant for all unofficial badges and patches including cookie, camp, and fun patches.
Fun patches reflect girls’ participation in events, projects, or special personal interests.
Shop for Daisy Uniforms and Uniform Items
Visit any of our Girl Scout shops to purchase badges, uniforms, recognitions, gifts, special packages and items, and more!
We have many shop locations scattered throughout our council area (see locations and hours). Our online store is open 24/7 and is fast, easy, secure, and orders typically ship within five business days.