The 2019 cookie sale will take place February 9 – March 24, 2019.
Family meetings are generally held three times a year and provide a chance to meet the families, set expectations, build support, and recruit troop volunteers. We have advice and resources in this article for planning your cookie-related family meeting (generally held in December) that’ll serve as a kick-off the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
Prepare for the Meeting
Cookie family business meetings are critical to the success of the program! They help provide a foundation of understanding and agreement for volunteers and families. To prepare for your meeting, select a meeting space, invite families, and plan a girl activity—just like in the first family meeting of the year.
Prepare the following Cookie Program materials and resources:
- Families will be mailed a Family Guidebook in December—encourage them to bring this guidebook to your meeting.
- Family Cookie Responsibility Form – Review then collect this document with families. Open the meeting up to questions and clarifications.
Explain the Program
As the largest entrepreneurial program for girls in the world, the Girl Scout Cookie Program (February–March) gives girls the opportunity to power new, unique, and amazing experiences, while also learning critical life skills. Girls earn proceeds for their troop through the Cookie Program, which fuels amazing adventures.
Additionally, proceeds from the Cookie Program stay local, helps keep costs low for girl programs like subsidizing camp costs, and gives us the opportunity to support families through financial assistance for girl programs.
You can point families to GirlScoutsRV.org/Cookies to learn more about the Cookie Program and the resources available to them.
Set Family Expectations
Discuss girl goals, share best methods for staying in contact (i.e. text, phone, email), and agree on roles and responsibilities.
Summary of Resources
- Family Cookie Responsibility Form – Families will need to sign and return this agreement form to you prior to participation.
- GirlScoutsRV.org/Cookies – For girls and families to learn about the cookie program and the resources available to them as cookie sellers.
- Family Meeting One: Kick Off the Year – This article outlines the first family meeting and more general meeting practices.