Uniforms aren’t just for girls! Girl Scout volunteers and adult members can proudly wear adult uniforms to troop, service unit, and council events to set an example for the other Girl Scouts in their lives. This article is for all volunteers and details key pins, insignias, and their placement on the adult uniform.
Adult members’ uniform is navy blue business attire with the official pins and awards pins either pinned to their attire or a navy adult vest. Women complete their uniform by wearing an official Girl Scout scarf, and men wear a Girl Scout tie.
- American Flag Patch – This patch identifies Girl Scouts living in the USA.
- Volunteer of Excellence Award Pin – This award recognizes volunteers who have contributed outstanding service.
- Thanks Badge – This pin honors an individual who has had an exceptional, measurable impact on Girl Scouts.
- Thanks Badge II – This pin honors a previous Thanks Badge recipient who has continued to provide exemplary service.
- Honor Pin – This pin recognizes an individual’s exemplary service in two or more geographic service areas.
- Lifetime Membership Pin – Signifies that the adult is a registered lifetime member of Girl Scouts.
- Personalized ID Pin – A name tag that can be ordered through your local Girl Scout shop to wear at Girl Scout events.
- Bridge to Adult Girl Scout Award – This award honors those who have bridged from a Girl Scout Ambassador to an adult Girl Scout.
- Volunteer Service Award Pin – This pin recognizes an adult member for years of active volunteer service at five-year intervals.
- Alum Pin – This pin honors Girl Scout Alum.
- Volunteer Pin – This pin signifies you are a Girl Scout volunteer.
- Adult Insignia Tab – This tab holds the World Trefoil pin, your corresponding adult position pin, and your Girl Scout Membership pin.
- World Trefoil Pin – This pin shows that you are part of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS).
- Adult Position Pin – Represents your role within the organization (see “Position Pins” below).
- Girl Scout Membership Pin Contemporary or Traditional – This pin signifies that you are a member of Girl Scouts.
- Membership Numeral Guard – These numerals show the total number of years (not necessarily continuous or consecutive) of registered membership.
If an adult has earned more than one special recognition (Appreciation Pin, Thanks Badge, or Honor Pin), the last one received is generally the one worn.
Adult Girl Scout members wear position pins to indicate their present position within the organization. Find these pins and those for national-level positions on our online shop.
Troop Position Pin
For troop leaders, volunteers, and volunteers-in-training.
Service Unit Position Pin
For service unit volunteers and delegates.
Program Position Pin
For camp, event, and program volunteers.
Series Position Pin
For volunteers of series and travel programs.
Trainer Position Pin
For learning facilitators.
Staff Position Pin
For council staff.
Board of Directors Position Pin
For council Board of Directors.
CEO Position Pin
For council CEOs or presidents.
Shop for Adult Uniforms and Uniform Items
Visit any of our Girl Scout shops to purchase badges, uniforms, recognitions, gifts, special packages, and more!
We have several shop locations scattered throughout our council area (see locations and hours). Our online store is open 24/7 and is fast, easy, secure, and orders typically ship within five business days.