Each new member of your troop brings more ideas, more perspectives, and more big dreams. Who will join your adventures this winter? A classmate or neighbor? A new co-leader or cookie manager? Whether you’re tackling your climbing adventure badge, sharing hot chocolate with friends, feeding people in your community, or participating in the largest girl-led entrepreneurial program in the world, welcoming new troop members will make your team stronger and grow new friendships.
- From November 14 to January 13, earn something special for your troop! Troops who add new Girl Scouts to their troop will receive an entry into a drawing to win $250 for a Girl Scouts River Valleys program event. Each new youth added is another entry!
- Please note: Program event credit is valid for one Girl Scouts River Valleys program event up to $250, after the troop pays $5 deposit. It must be redeemed by September 30, 2024.
- Bonus: From November 14 to January 13, troop leaders who add an additional new leader to their troop will also receive an entry to a drawing for the chance to receive two new leader vests for you and your newest team member.
Complete Grow Your Troop Entry Form by January 13 to be entered into the drawing. Winners will be notified via email in early February.
Ready to get started? Resources, ideas and tips are waiting for you!
- Check out our Growing Your Troop: Inviting and Welcoming New Membership article for pre-made social media posts, fillable fliers that you can order directly to your home, and more!
- Read all about “Busting Myths About Adding New Troop Members” on our In the Loop blog.