Read on for Downloading Smart Cookies Reports, Mall Cookie Booth Feedback, Cub Cookie Booth and Troop Cookie Care Program Donation Photos, Cookie Booth of the Year Winners, Girl Rewards, Dream Team 2023, Rewards for 700+ packages, The Cookie Press Updated Schedule, Final ACH on May 3, Service Unit Prepping for Rewards Shipment and more.
In this edition:
- Download Smart Cookies Reports
- Mall Cookie Booth Feedback
- Cub Cookie Booth and Troop Cookie Care Program Donation Photos
For Service Unit Cookie Managers
Download Smart Cookies Reports
While the season is still top of mind, we encourage you to download and save these Smart Cookies reports for your troop records. Don’t worry, we’ll remind you again before the season officially wraps up. Here are some suggested reports to download:
- Troop Balance Summary: Review of how many cookies were given to the troop, how much money was collected by the Girl Scouts, the troop PGA, the total number of direct ship cookies, and the number of Cookie Care Package (Virtual Share/CShare) donations
- Girl Cookie Totals Summary: Overview of the number of packages sold per Girl Scout including a column for the CShare (which shows cookie donation totals)
- Girl Cookie Order Detail Summary: Shows the transfers to and from each Girl Scout, as well as any direct ship orders. The ‘Troop Total’ will list the number of cookies transferred to each Girl Scout within the troop by variety.
- Track Cookie Share: Shows the total of both virtual and troop donation programs
- Girl Balance Summary: Views of each Girl Scout’s sale into how many cookies of each variety sold at cookie booths, individually, and online
- Recognition Order Summary by Girl: Listing of rewards that each Girl Scout earned
Mall Cookie Booth Feedback
Did your troop participate in one of the Council-Secured mall cookie booths offered in this year’s Cookie Program? If so, we’d love to hear your feedback! Let us know your thoughts about cookie customer sales, the booth location, and any other information you’d like us to know about. Your feedback will be helpful to Girl Scouts River Valleys as we plan for the 2024 Cookie Program!
Cub Cookie Booth and Troop Donation Photos
We are so thankful to our sustaining partner Cub for providing cookie booth opportunities to our Girl Scouts year after year. It also brings us great joy to see the photos of troops making Cookie Care Program donations to many worthy organizations. We’d love to see your photos from both booths at Cub and troops making their donations. Submit your photos to us and they could possibly be used in River Valleys’ promotional efforts.
Cookie Booth of the Year Winners
Congratulations to our Cookie Booth of the Year Winners, Troop 58184 and Troop 44577! Both troops have won a troop trip to Sea Life at the Mall of America!
Daisy/Brownie/Junior Booth of the Year
Cadette/Senior/Ambassador Booth of the Year
Girl Scout Rewards
Thank you to our “fin-tastic” troop volunteers for getting your Girl Scout and troop rewards entered in Smart Cookies! We have placed our orders with our reward vendors and are no longer able to adjust reward selections. Here are a few additional updates on girl rewards:
Rewards for 700+ Package Sales Levels
We have an increased number of Girl Scouts that reached higher sales levels this season. This is really exciting but may mean you are getting added questions on how the process works for them to receive these items.
- The Service Unit reward shipment will only contain the Super Seller patch and the Chyrp speaker for the 700+ package sales levels.
- Cookie Credits will be on a card sent directly to the Girl Scouts’ home and Happy Camper/Phenom Coupons will continue to be sent electronically, with Girl Scouts receiving a code sent to the email address of their primary caregiver.
- The Cookie Credit cards and the emails with the Happy Camper/Phenom Coupons will be sent the week of May 22.
- For all other items, an email requesting the family to confirm the preferred mailing address or email address for the Girl Scout was sent earlier today to their primary caregiver. Families should check their spam or junk mail folder in case the email didn’t land directly in their inbox. The item(s) will not be sent until the mailing address or email address is confirmed. These items will also start shipping the week of May 22.
Check out the Rewards Fine Print for added details on Girl Scout rewards.
Dream Team 2023
We surpassed another milestone this year, with nearly 800 Girl Scouts reaching the 1000 package level to qualify for Dream Team. We have never had this many Girls Scouts qualify before and are so excited to celebrate their achievement! Dream Team 2023 will be held at Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America on Saturday, June 3 from 7:00 am to 10:00 am. This is a private event for only Dream Team Girl Scouts and their guests. We will have exclusive access to the park until 10:00 am. Dream Team Girl Scouts were sent the invitation email with registration deadline earlier today.
The Cookie Press Updated Schedule
As things wind down, so will The Cookie Press. The next post will be on Thursday, May 4.
Final Automated Clearing House (ACH) on May 3
The final ACH will take place on Friday, May 3. Refer to your Troop Balance Summary to view the financials for the troop from the final proceeds to the balance due. Troop contacts will also receive an email with the final ACH withdrawal amount the week of April 24. Other cookie money notes:
- If your troop receives a Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) check or incurs bank fees due to high deposit activity, complete a Finance/Inventory Issue Form by May 31.
- If your troop only participated in online sales and/or is due a refund for troop proceeds earned, Girl Scouts River Valleys will process that refund to the troop bank account via an ACH by tomorrow, April 21.
- Make sure the troop bank account information has been entered into Smart Cookies
- Juliettes that are paid in full will show an overpayment in their Troop Balance Summary that equals the troop proceeds.
- Keep copies of all deposit tickets and bank receipts until December 31, 2023.
Prepping for Rewards Shipment
Before you know it, those cookie rewards will be shipping to your door the week of May 22. What can you do now to prepare for the shipment? Here are a few tips:
- Review your calendar to establish potential days/times for troops to pick up items that work with your schedule. Keep in mind the shipment may not arrive until later in the week.
- Connect with troop volunteers to determine if they can assist with sorting the items. Many hands make light work. Bonus—if they help, they can take their rewards right away!
- Set aside boxes or bags to help with packing items for troops.
- Explore scheduling tools like Sign Up Genius or a Google form to set up times for pickup.