Read on for preparing for initial cookie order deliveries, cookie cupboards, Smart Cookies registration links for Girl Scouts, cookie booth updates, Cookie Rally from Home, assisting troops with Smart Cookies Girl Accounts, Service Unit tools for cookie transfers, and Juliette deposit slip shipments.
In this edition:
For Service Unit Cookie Managers
This is an exciting time as Cookie Go Day gets closer and closer, and your Girl Scouts are likely getting more excited to connect with their customers and be part of the upcoming Girl Scout Cookie Rally.
Getting Ready for Initial Cookie Order Deliveries
Girl Scout Cookies are coming! Initial cookie order deliveries will happen February 10-16. There are two types of Girl Scout Cookie deliveries, and these are Mega Drops and Mini Drops.
What to Expect at a Mega Drop Delivery
If your troop participates in a Mega Drop delivery, you have selected a day/time in Smart Cookies to pick up your cookies.
- Please try to arrive as close to your appointment time slot as possible to help avoid traffic jams.
- Staff will check you in at your selected location and place a colorful note on your windshield detailing your order by cookie variety. They will use these totals to load the cases of Girl Scout Cookies on each table organized by cookie variety.
- As you move through the line, you will verify the count of cookie cases at each table. Cases are stacked in groups of five
- Example: 2 stacks + 2 cases = 12 cases
- Please follow directions from Girl Scouts River Valleys staff.
- Example: Staff may ask you to exit your vehicle or to assist in loading your vehicle.
- If you have a large order, we recommend you bring an additional adult along to assist with loading your vehicle if necessary.
- If your order requires two or more vehicles, you’ll need to arrive and move through the line at the same time. Wait for all vehicles to arrive at the location before you enter the delivery line.
- Example: Staff may ask you to exit your vehicle or to assist in loading your vehicle.
- At the last station, staff will ask you to verify that you’ve received all varieties and ask you to sign your troop confirmation sheet. You are welcome to take a photo of this signature sheet if you wish.
Please Note: Staff will try to move you through the drive-thru line as quickly as possible. We have troops picking up anywhere from 10 to 500+ cases of Girl Scout Cookies at these sites. Please allow a minimum of 30 minutes for your appointment. You must pick up your entire initial cookie order, adjustments cannot be made.
View the list of 2023 Mega Drop Locations for details on your scheduled delivery location.
If your troop participates in a Mini Drop delivery, your Service Unit cookie manager will share the date, time, and location to pick up your Girl Scout Cookies.
Troop Cookie Manager Responsibilities
- Arrange to pick up your troop’s initial order. Reference the Cases Per Vehicle Chart in the Initial Order Delivery Checklist to ensure the vehicle has enough room for the full order.
- Print the initial order totals by running the Troop Initial Order Report in Smart Cookies, or select Troop Initial Order from the Orders tab and print the initial order page. This printout will include the delivery address.
- Verify the totals at the delivery location and then again before distributing cookies to families.
- Contact Girl Scouts River Valleys within 24 hours of the order pickup if you discover miscounts or damages.
- Set a day and time for families to pick up their inventory
- Issue receipts to families to show the total number of Girl Scout Cookie cases picked up, by cookie variety. Use the cookie receipts from your troop cookie manager materials. You may also use email or text to acknowledge the transactions.
Now that the initial order deadline has passed, you may wonder where to go if you need more Girl Scout Cookies to sell. Girl Scout River Valleys features a network of Cookie Cupboards throughout our council area where troops can pick up additional inventory for cookie booths and additional sales opportunities from Girl Scouts. Cookie Central will be updated February 9 with more information about Cookie Cupboards, including a handy reference sheet that includes an operating schedule, cupboard addresses, and location specific instructions.
Our Council Cookie Cupboards are open to all Girl Scouts River Valleys troops and are primarily located in larger metro areas.
- The troop contacts will receive an email when Girl Scout Cookies are transferred to the troop from a Cookie Cupboard.
- The troop leader or troop cookie manager can designate another volunteer or parent/guardian to pick up the cookies on behalf of the troop.
- Notice an error with your transfer in Smart Cookies? Complete the Cookie Cupboard Error Report Form within 24 hours of your Cookie Cupboard pickup.
Council Cookie Cupboards
At select cupboards, you may need to schedule a cookie booking to assist in traffic flow.
On-Demand Council Cupboards: Blaine, Bloomington, Burnsville, Mankato, Rochester, Roseville, St. Louis Park, and Woodbury.
- Cupboards will be open starting February 17. For Go Day weekend, all on-demand council cupboards will be open the following hours:
|February 17||12:00 pm- 6:00 pm|
|February 18-19||8:30 am – 2:30 pm|
Express Planned Order Council Cupboards: Burnsville Express, Maplewood Express
- To pick up additional Girl Scout Cookies from an Express Planned Order Council Cupboard, volunteers must complete a planned order in Smart Cookies by 8:00 a.m. on Monday’s and can select a day and time to be picked up (either Thursday or Friday of that same week). Planned orders are made in full cases only and cannot be changed.
- Review the instructions on how to place a Planned Order in Smart Cookies. Planned orders will open on February 15.
- These locations are ideal for troops that can order in full cases and are in a hurry.
- No exchanges or returns are allowed. These Cookie Cupboards cannot replace damaged cookies.
- The cupboard staff will greet you and ask for your troop number. Then they will load your planned order into your vehicle. Volunteers will sign to verify their scheduled order pickup. You can take a photo of your signature sheet and use this as your receipt. Volunteers can verify the cookie count as your vehicle is being loaded to ensure accuracy.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for the cookie transfer to your troop to appear in Smart Cookies after you’ve picked up your planned order.
- See the table below for order deadlines and pick-up dates:
|PLANNED ORDER DEADLINE||PICK-UP DATES|
|Monday, February 20 at 9:00 am||February 23-24|
|Monday, February 27 at 8:00 am||March 2-3|
|Monday, March 6 at 8:00 am||March 9-10|
Regional Cookie Cupboards
Troops that live in Service Units without proximity to a Council Cookie Cupboard are assigned to Regional or Regional Express Cookie Cupboards*. These cupboards are typically located at a Volunteer’s home. Troops that utilize these cupboards must place a planned order in Smart Cookies by 8:00 am each Monday to receive cookies later that same week. If your troop is assigned to this type of cupboard, the cupboard location/hours/contact information will be posted on your Smart Cookies dashboard prior to Cookie Go Day. If your troop is assigned to this type of cupboard, connect with your Service Unit cookie manager to learn more. Planned orders will open in Smart Cookies on February 15. Review the instructions on how to place a planned order in Smart Cookies.
*Regional Express Cookie Cupboards close after week three of the sale.
Smart Cookies Registration Links for Girl Scouts
All currently registered River Valleys Girl Scouts were sent their registration emails for Smart Cookies on February 1. The primary caregiver of the Girl Scout received the registration email from Smart Cookies. This gives everyone plenty of time to explore Smart Cookies and set up their online sales accounts before pre-sales and online sales begin on February 10. Girl Scouts River Valleys will continue to upload newly registered Girl Scouts into Smart Cookies throughout the Cookie season. Encourage Girl Scouts who aren’t registered to complete this important step so they can use this awesome online cookie sales tool.
Please Note: If a parent/guardian reports they have not received the registration email, ask them to check their spam/junk folder. Or, connect with us to resend the email.
Cookie Booth Updates
As of February 1, troops can select any remaining First Come, First Served council-secured cookie booths available in Smart Cookies. We will increase the number of premium booth selections in Smart Cookies as we finalize schedules with our remaining Walmart locations. Currently, troops can select 15 premium locations. We’ll send an alert through Smart Cookies and post on our Girl Scouts River Valleys Troop Product Program Managers Facebook Group when we will increase the premium booth limits and add the remaining additional Walmart stores.
Virtual Cookie Booths for Curbside Pick Up
More and more businesses offer online orders for curbside pickup, and your troop can do the same with a virtual cookie booth! Your troop can participate in a virtual booth by using the Troop Cookie Link in Smart Cookies. You set the date and time to make the curbside pickups happen for your customers. Check out these resources to help in planning your virtual booth for curbside pickup:
- Virtual Booth Smart Cookies Guide: Step-by-step instructions on how to enter these booths in Smart Cookies
- Planning for Your Virtual Booth: How to coordinate with your troop and plan for the event. The real-world logistics. This also includes creative ways to share your Virtual Booth Link.
- Also available in a fun, instructional video.
Cookie Rally from Home
Last call to register for the free Girl Scouts River Valleys council-wide Cookie Rally from Home on Tuesday, February 7. Be sure to share this opportunity with your Girl Scouts. Register by Monday, February 6 to receive a pre-event email and activity templates. Tune into Facebook Live or YouTube that night at 6:30 pm (CST) to join in on the fun.
Service Unit Tools for Cookie Transfers
An important part of the Service Unit cookie manager role is to help connect troops for cookie transfers. Now is a great time to prepare troops to report their Girl Scout Cookie needs or if they have Girl Scout Cookies available for transfers. If you haven’t already, set up a private Facebook group, utilize the Troop Cookie Manager Rally in Rallyhood, or create a shared Google Doc to connect troops in the Service Unit. Share the resource with your troops so they are ready to access the resource when needed.
Juliette Girl Scout Deposit Slip Shipments
Juliette Girl Scouts that placed an initial order in Smart Cookies received information on Juliette cookie money along with the encoded deposit slips in the mail on January 30. The encoded deposit slips are to be used to deposit cookie money collected by a Juliette. If a Juliette needs additional deposit slips or decides to participate later during the sale, please direct them to email firstname.lastname@example.org.