Read on for snack order pick-up & distribution, family reminders for collecting payment, and snack deliveries. Service Unit fall product managers, read on for info about snack deliveries, and Girl Scout rewards.
In this edition:
For Service Unit Fall Product Managers:
Snack Order Pickup & Distribution
We are swimming into the final tasks of the Snacks & Magazines Program! The snack orders (online sales for Girl Scout snack delivery and snack order card sales) are arriving at Service Units from November 15 through 18. To help with a speedy pickup, print off and bring the following reports/tickets from M2OS to your pickup:
#1 Snack Delivery Tickets
- From the M2OS homepage, go to Delivery Tickets (under the Product Management heading). You’ll be able to print both snack and reward delivery ticket totals for the troop.
- Under Product Delivery Tickets, scroll down to the Troop Tickets by Troop section.
- Choose your troop number from the dropdown menu or type it in the search box.
- Select Create Ticket.
- Print off the ticket for the total snack order by troop.
A full case of snacks contains 12 single pieces. The snacks are delivered to the exact piece. For example, if you had 15 English Butter Toffee orders, you would receive 1 full case and 3 single pieces.
#2 Reward Delivery Tickets
Scroll down to Reward Delivery Tickets. Repeat steps 3-5 from above to create and print the total reward order by troop.
Note: Rewards will be delivered to Service Units in December. You can choose to print the tickets now or we’ll remind you later. Some reward items will be sent directly to the Girl Scout. We’ll provide you with a complete list of the items that will be shipped to your Service Unit and the items that will be sent or emailed directly to Girl Scouts in a future edition of In a Nutshell.
At the time of pickup, follow the instructions given by your Service Unit volunteer to verify the snack count. Trust us, taking the time to count the items will prevent headaches.
Distributing Snack Orders to Girls Scouts
To sort snack items by Girl Scout, use the following reports:
- From the M2OS homepage, go to Delivery Tickets.
- Under Product Delivery Tickets, go to the Girl Scout Tickets section and select a specific Girl Scout or all Girl Scouts from the dropdown menu.
- Select Create Ticket.
- Print that ticket for all Girl Scouts or the specific Girl Scout.
Pro tip: Have families sign the delivery ticket to acknowledge that they received all items before they leave your home.
Family Reminders for Collecting Payment & Distributing Online Orders for Girl Scout Snack Deliveries
If there are any items from snack order card sales for which payment was not collected, make sure families know to collect payment when their Girl Scout delivers the product to her customers. Checks should be made out to Girl Scouts River Valleys. We also have approved the payment options like Venmo, CashApp, and PayPal Friends and Family for troops to use when collecting money owed from families for snack order card sales.
For online snack orders for Girl Scout snack delivery, each Girl Scout will need to log in to M2OS to view orders by customer. They can view the orders by clicking on the Sales Report icon on the Girl Scout’s dashboard. Select the Online Nuts Girl Delivered tab and scroll to the bottom of the page to print a report.
Deposit tickets were mailed last week to Juliette Girl Scouts to use for depositing money collected from snack order card sales into the River Valleys Wells Fargo bank account. If you did not receive these tickets, please email email@example.com.
Snack Deliveries Coming November 15-18
Get ready… Those chocolate-covered almonds, dill pickle peanuts, dulce de leche owls, and more will be arriving at your door sometime between November 15 and 18. You’ll receive an email next week with the timeframe that the truck will arrive with your delivery. Communicate the date, time, and place for order pick-up to your troops. Remember to allow yourself time to sort the orders by troop before allowing troops to pick up their orders.
For a successful delivery experience, follow these four steps:
- Prepare the space for delivery by clearing out the space and removing any obstacles.
- After all snack items are unloaded, you must verify the count of each item against the delivery ticket before signing the ticket.
- Print your troop delivery tickets from M2OS. From the M2OS homepage, go to Delivery Tickets (under the Product Management heading), and scroll down to Troop Tickets by Delivery Site. Choose Single from the drop-down menu as the Delivery Site Type, then select the delivery address from the Delivery Site drop-down menu. You can print all tickets from the Troop drop-down menu or just the troops you know who participated in the program. Then click on Create Ticket and print the tickets. Sort orders by troop using the Troop Tickets.
- Verify the totals for each snack item with troop volunteers. You can have them sign the troop delivery ticket to acknowledge they received all items. Trust us, taking the time to verify the snack count with the troop will save you a lot of headaches in the long run.
Contact us within 24 hours of delivery to report any product issues.
Best Practices When Distributing Snack Orders to Troops:
- Use a tool such as Doodle or SignUp Genius to set up appointments for troops to pick up their items.
- Allow just one person per troop for each pickup time.
- Leave time between pickups to avoid multiple people arriving at the same time, and to set out the next troop’s items if necessary.
- Ask troop volunteers to verify and sign the troop tickets for snack orders.
Girl Scout Rewards
Girl Scout rewards are set to arrive by the end of December. Remember, this shipment will not include Fall FUNds for your Service Unit. Fall FUNds are electronic. Any Girl Scout that selected Fall FUNds as a reward choice will receive an email with their electronic code and Fall FUNds total in December. Refer to the Electronic Program Credit FAQs article for more information should you receive questions from troops.