Read on for How to Access M2OS, Permission & Responsibility Forms, Ways to Sell Snacks & Magazines, Jump Bright In Bonus Rewards Timeframe, Avatar Patches, Office Closure announcement and more.
In this edition:
- Snacks & Magazines Begins on Monday, September 26!
- M2OS Volunteer & Girl Scout Access
- Girl Scout & Volunteer Permission & Responsibility Pledge in M2OS
- Ways to Sell Snacks & Magazines
- “Jump Bright In” Bonus Rewards Timeframe
- M2 Avatars & Personalized Patches
- Girl Scouts River Valleys Office Closure on October 4
For Service Unit Fall Product Managers:
Snacks & Magazines Begins Monday, September 26!
Fall is here, and it’s finally “go time” for Snacks & Magazines! Starting on Monday, September 26, Girl Scouts can take orders and set up their online accounts. Girl Scouts can join in the sale anytime between now and October 23. If you missed any of our previous posts, check out In a Nutshell: Edition 1 and In a Nutshell: Edition 2.
M2OS Volunteer & Girl Scout Access
Earlier this week, all currently registered troop leaders and troop fall product managers received an email to register an account in M2OS for 2022. If you have not received the registration email, double-check your junk email folder and contact us if you still can’t find it.
It’s easy for Girl Scouts to get started in M2OS. By setting up an online account, they can fully engage in the virtual program and learn what it’s like to run their own online business. Girl Scouts can access M2OS in two ways:
- Register the online account from the link received in the email sent to the parent/guardian, or
- Visit www.gsnutsandmags.com/gsrv and follow the step-by-step instructions
Once their account is set up, Girl Scouts can begin their online sales and have access to some neat marketing tools. They’ll receive emails when customers place orders through their account, plus get weekly updates on their progress to their goals. Along with the sales opportunities, there’s lots of fun stuff to do-like earn awards for her avatar, print her own business cards and door hangers, record a message for their avatar, and upload a video to share with her online supporters.
Please note: If a Girl Scout does not know her troop number, or can’t find their name within a troop, their account will be placed on hold until we can verify her Girl Scout ID number. If this occurs, the parent/guardian will receive an email alert. The Girl Scout can continue to set up their online account. However, they will not be able to send emails or share their online account on social media, by text, etc., until their Girl Scout ID number is verified. This process can take 24-48 hours or a little bit longer on weekends. The parent/guardian will receive an email when her ID number is verified, her online account will be activated, and friends and family emails will be sent out if the email addresses were entered into M2OS.
Need Help with M2OS?
Remember to use our M2OS Quick Tips for Troops and M2OS Quick Tips for Families for help navigating the system. You can always access the troop training video on your M2OS dashboard in case you need a quick refresher. M2’s Customer Care Team is also available to help you troubleshoot any issues for both troops and Girl Scouts.
Girl Scout & Volunteer Permission & Responsibility Pledge in M2OS
Due to an update in M2OS, both troop volunteers and Girl Scouts must complete a responsibility pledge form upon the first login to the system. If a family is only planning to take in-person snack orders, they must complete the Girl Scouts River Valleys’ Snacks & Magazines Responsibility & Permission Form.
Ways to Sell Snacks & Magazines
One of the best perks of Snacks & Magazines is the flexibility in participation options. Depending on their comfort level, Girl Scouts and their families can participate in any combination of ways to sell, or they can choose just one. There’s even an option to sell totally online!
Copy and paste the options below to forward to your troop:
- Online Magazine Sales
- Send email links to customers through M2OS, or shares the unique account link on social media or by text.
- Customers will complete their purchase through the link and pay with a credit card.
- Magazines will ship directly to the customer’s address.
- Online Snack Sales
- Send email links to customers through M2OS, or share the unique account link on social media or by text.
- Customers will complete their purchase through the link, choose whether the items will be delivered by the Girl Scout or shipped directly, and pay by credit card.
- Note: You can choose which customers receive the option for local snack delivery. When customers choose to have snacks directly shipped to them, they can purchase the items listed on the order card plus shop from an expanded catalog of snacks. Customers will pay for the shipping charges which are calculated at the time of purchase.
- Snack Order Card Sales
- Take snack orders over the phone, via video call, or in person.
- Record these sales on your order card and then enter the sales in M2OS at the end of the program.
- You have the option to print door hangers featuring a QR code that links directly to your unique account link or business cards that also feature this unique link.
Girl Scouts can pitch magazine sales to places that offer magazines in their lobbies like dentist offices, hair salons, barbershops, etc., or connect with family and friends that own a business to offer snack items for holiday gifts!
Jump Bright In Bonus Reward Timeframe
Between September 26-October 3, Girl Scouts can earn our Jump Bright In bonus reward (you know, that really cool tech/water bottle sticker…), and have a chance to win an XXL Hope the Hawaiian Monk Seal. This is a perfect time to reach out to Girl Scouts with a reminder of the bonus reward. We’ll announce and contact the winner in early October.
M2 Avatars & Personalized Patches
When Girl Scouts access M2OS, they will be able to create an avatar that they can customize to look just like them. This is a super fun perk that is unique to the Snacks & Magazines program, and it is also one of the requirements to earn both the Fall Personalized Patch and the Cookie Combo Personalized Patch.
Bonus: Girl Scouts will earn the Online Patch just for sending out 15 emails from M2OS—How easy is that?
Visit our Snacks & Magazines Selling Rewards page to learn all about the requirements to earn these patches, plus get the scoop on the rest of the rewards.
Girl Scouts River Valleys Office Closure on October 4
Please note on October 4, all Girl Scouts River Valleys offices will be closed due to an all-day, all-staff meeting. We will resume standard office hours on October 5.
Supporting Your Troops
We hope you are as excited as we are that the Snacks and Magazines Program has begun! Check-in with the troops in your Service Unit to offer your support in the early stages of the sale. Have a question you need us to answer? Connect with us for guidance or support. We are here to help you have the best Fall Product Program ever!
Confirm Delivery Locations
Service Unit fall product managers and Service Unit managers will soon be receiving a delivery assignment email that contains the date for your Service Unit snack deliveries. Delivery timeframes will not be available until the week before your scheduled delivery date. Review your delivery assignment email. The volunteer who is accepting the delivery must enter and verify the location in M2OS by October 23. While you’re at it, enter the shipping address for the Girl Scout reward shipment at the same time. Our M2OS Quick Tips Guide for Service Units will be able to help walk you through this process.
Juliettes in M2OS
New for 2022: Juliettes will be added to the system with a “J” followed by their unique Juliette number. Juliettes will be sent deposit tickets to use for depositing snack order card money in the Girl Scouts River Valleys Wells Fargo bank account. If you have any questions about working with Juilettes during the program, please contact us.