Six Steps to Wrapping Up the Cookie Program, Girl Scout and Troop Rewards Orders Due April 8, Cookie Credits, Juliette Program Credits, & Half-Off Camp Coupon, Hoodie and T-Shirt Size Charts, End of Sale Banking, Cookie Booth of the Week 5 Winners, Cookie Spirit Award, Cookie Cupboard Updates, Online Cookie Orders Continue through April 3, Forward to Families: Rewards Choices for Girl Scouts, Service Unit Reward Support, Service Unit Reward Shipment Address Reminder
In this Edition:
- Six Steps to Wrapping Up the Cookie Program
- Girl Scout and Troop Rewards Orders Due April 8
- Cookie Credits, Juliette Program Credits, & Half-Off Camp Coupon
- Hoodie and T-shirt Size Charts
- Cookie Cupboard Updates
- Online Cookie Orders Continue through April 3
- Forward to Families: Rewards Choices for Girl Scouts
For Service Unit Cookie Managers:
We are climbing with courage to the end of the 2022 cookie season, finally. This issue of The Cookie Press is packed with must-read information with steps to wrap up the sale and order rewards. Don’t hesitate to reach out to your Service Unit cookie manager or contact us if you need assistance. Working together, we can ensure your Girl Scouts receive those important rewards and the troop has the proceeds to power their Girl Scout experiences.
Six Steps to Wrapping Up the Cookie Program
Follow the 6 Steps to Wrap Up the Cookie Program to ensure you have properly closed out the cookie sale for your troop. Work through it step-by-step to ensure you’ve tied up any loose ends and Girl Scouts get proper credit for their sales. Visual learners can watch the recording of Troop Toast YAY Tuesday which focused on sale wrap-up and ordering rewards.
Recording Access Passcode:
Girl Scout and Troop Rewards Orders Due April 8
Besides selling the cookies themselves, Girl Scouts rate receiving rewards as one of their favorite things about the Cookie Program. It’s super-duper important to reach out to families to confirm the Girl Scouts’ reward choices ahead of the reward deadline. Each Girl Scouts’ rewards are based on the sales totals entered in Smart Cookies for packages sold and donations sold. You must create the main recognition order and make the reward selections for each Girl Scout. If a selection is not made by the deadline, the Girl Scouts rewards default to Cookie Credits. Reference the instructions in the Smart Cookies Guide for Volunteers for ordering girl rewards.
If your troop achieved a 235, 335, or 435 PGA, you’ll order the troop PGA rewards in Smart Cookies. If your troop did not reach these PGA levels, no action is needed. To confirm your troop’s PGA, view the Troop Balance Summary Report. The process for ordering these items has changed since last season. It’s critical to follow the steps in the Ordering Troop Rewards section, so each Girl Scout selling receives their items. Important items to note:
- Create the Troop Recognition Order.
- Enter the number of Girl Scouts selling in each red box for the items the troop earned.
- If your troop did earn the hoodies at the 435 PGA level, you must enter the number of Girl Scouts selling + 2 adults in the red box (Juliettes would receive 2 hoodies: 1 for the Juliette and 1 for the Juliette Mentor). For example, if the troop had 4 Girl Scouts selling, you would enter 6 total hoodies (1 for each Girl Scout selling plus 2 for the adults).
- Note: The “two adult” option will appear if you have two adult contacts in Smart Cookies. Contact us if you need an adult added to Smart Cookies.
- Click on the Extras tab to enter the sizes. You must also check the box next to any sizes you are ordering
For troops that achieved a 435 PGA, you will be able to order additional hoodies (at the troop’s expense) for the adults that assisted the troop in their Cookie Program. The troop contacts in Smart Cookies will receive an email with a link to the order form the week of April 11. Please submit only one order for the troop. Payment will be made through an ACH from the troop bank account on April 28. Orders will be due April 24.
Online rewards, patch programs, and the Combo Patch are all tracked outside of Smart Cookies.
Cookie Credits, Juliette Program Credits, Half-Off Camp Coupons
Both Cookie Credits and Juliette Program Credits (JPCs) will be issued electronically this year. This means the Girl Scout’s primary caregiver will receive an email with a card number that will have the amount of credits loaded that she can redeem for any of the listed redemption options. View our Cookie Credit Policy for more information. Cookie Credits issued in 2022 will expire in September 2023. Watch for more information on when the electronic credit emails will be sent in a future edition of The Cookie Press blog post.
Half-Off Camp Coupon codes will be emailed to the Girl Scout’s primary caregiver the week of May 7.
As Girl Scouts make their reward choices remember the 2022 Half-Off Camp Coupon at the 850-package level must be used in the summer of 2022 at one Girl Scouts River Valleys’ summer resident camp session or council-approved Service Unit day camp session. The maximum value is $250.
For details on rewards at the 700 packages level and above read the rewards fine print.
Hoodie & T-Shirt Size Charts
Use the size charts below to assist in making choices for the Girl Scouts. The koala socks do not require a size.
End of Sale Banking
As you are making final deposits into the troop bank account, crediting Girl Scouts with financial transactions, and preparing for the final ACH later this month, you may encounter a few clean-up tasks at the end of the sale. If you do, complete a Finance/Inventory Issue Form by April 8.
What Requires a Completed Finance/Inventory Issues Form?
- Excess cookie inventory your troop needs additional time to sell
- Unpaid cookie money from families
- Stolen cookies/money or counterfeit money received
- Reimbursement for bank fees incurred by the troop for high deposit activity
- Returned Check (Non-sufficient funds/account closed) Reimbursement Request
Review the Finance/Inventory Issue Form FAQ’s for more details.
Cookie Booth of the Week 5 Winners
Daisy/Brownie/Junior Booth of the Week
Cadette/Senior/Ambassador Booth of the Week
Cookie Spirit Award Winners
Let’s hear a cheer for this week’s Cookie Spirit Award Winners:
- Carrie Beach – Eagan Service Unit: “Carrie has been the Eagan SUCM for a few years and she is amazing! Carrie will make sure troops and leaders have all they need to start the cookie season to make sure its successful. Throughout the year, she will communicate updates, reminders and assist troops as needed to make sure troops have what they need. This year, Carrie went around to local cookie booths and gave girls a special prize for conducting the booths with excellence. What a treat to have Carrie show up at your booth!”
- Annie Mollman: Troop 18471: “Annie has been a superstar this year! This is her first year being a cookie volunteer and has been rocking it! She has booked us multiple booths, arranged pick-ups for cookies, and has done it seamlessly. She took over for me as I was getting burnt out being leader and troop cookie manager at the same time. She has lifted a huge burden from me and has made it look effortless and simple. Annie picked it up so quickly and without any issues. She has been a superstar getting us all set-up and off to great start this season! I don’t know what we would have done if she hadn’t stepped up!”
Both Carrie and Annie will receive a $25 Target gift card and a big high five from Girl Scouts River Valleys! Nominate a cookie volunteer for consideration today. Submissions carry over each week.
Cookie Cupboard Updates
Council cookie cupboards close for the season as of 3:00 pm today, March 31. If your troop uses a Regional Cupboard, your cupboard manager can confirm the final day of operation.
Need cookies for donations or last-minute orders? Check out the Cookie Swap to find troops that are looking to transfer cookies. The invitation code is
Online Cookie Orders & Troop-Secured Cookie Booths Through April 3
Girl Scouts can continue to share their cookie sales links, plus accept orders for local cookie delivery and direct-ship sales through April 3. Troop direct-ship sales links will also remain open during this time. If your troop received sales through the Cookie Finder, don’t forget to distribute these packages to Girl Scouts. Refer to the March 17 Cookie Press blog post for directions. If Girl Scouts no longer wish to participate in local delivery, their parent/guardian can turn off the option in Smart Cookies.
Troops can participate in troop-secured cookie booths through April 3. To ensure your booths are approved in time for the weekend, enter your requests no later than Friday, April 1 at 12:00 pm.
Forward to Families
Here’s the latest update to copy, paste, and forward to families in your troop:
- Girl cookie reward orders are due soon! If your girl has reached a sales level that requires a choice between an item and a Cookie Credit, provide me with those choices no later than [insert day] so I can make the selection in Smart Cookies for her. If I do not hear from you, the choice will default to a Cookie Credit. Remember, this year, at the 125-package level, Girl Scouts can forego the item and be a part of the Koala Krew program where their donation (facilitated by Girl Scouts River Valleys) will support the Animal Humane Society. Plus, she’ll earn a cool patch to boot!
Service Unit Reward Support
One of the most important deadlines of the cookie season is the reward deadline. As a Service Unit cookie manager or manager, you can help ensure Girl Scouts receive the correct rewards they earned to wrap up their season on a high note.
How Else Can You Assist?
- Reach out to troops to remind them of the April 8 deadline
- Run the Troop On Hand Inventory Report to review the list of troops that have not allocated their cookies or are showing negative inventory. Connect with these troops to offer your assistance
- Review the Troop Balance Summary Report and alert troops at the 235, 335, and 435 PGA levels that they must order the rewards in Smart Cookies.
While troops will be locked out of editing reward orders after April 8, Service Units will be able to make edits to troop reward orders until April 10 at 11:59 pm (CST). You can view the actions needed on your Service Unit Dashboard in Smart Cookies under the Action Items section. Select the link under each action item listed below to export the results to Excel to help you view the affected troops and the action they are missing:
- Troops with No Main Recognition Order: This will show you the troops that have not started an order.
- Incomplete Recognition Orders: This will show you a list of troops where an action is missing for a Girl Scout reward.
If reward choices are not made at applicable package levels for Girl Scouts by April 10, their choices will default to Cookie Credits.
Note: If you want to view the Senior and Ambassador troops that opted out of rewards, you can view the Troop Balance Summary Report to see the opt-out under the troop proceed plan.
Service Unit Reward Shipment Address Reminder
We will ship Girl Scout and troop rewards to the address you have listed in Smart Cookies.
To Verify or Update Your Address:
- Go to Smart Cookies and select Service Unit Info from the My Service Unit tab.
- Review the information on this screen.
- If the information for the volunteer and address is correct, no action is needed.
- If the volunteer information is incorrect, you can update the information in each field.
- Then select Update Information to save your edits.
Review and edit this information if needed by April 10. Rewards will ship the week of May 23. We’ll provide more information on how to distribute rewards ahead of receiving the shipment.