Council Cookie Cupboard Update & Schedule, Dream Team 2022, Half-Off Camp Coupon, Online Cookie Orders & Troop-Secured Cookie Booths Through April 3, Managing the Cookie Care Program, “Last Chance for Girl Scout Cookies” Marketing Tools, Troop Toast YAY Tuesday: Sale Wrap Up, Cookie Combo Patch, Forward to Families, Cookie Booth of the Week Winners, Cookie Spirit Award Winners, Assisting Troops with End of Season Wrap Up
In this edition:
- Online Cookie Orders & Troop-Secured Cookie Booths Through April 3
- Managing the Cookie Care Program
- “Last Chance for Girl Scout Cookies” Marketing Tools
- Troop Toast-Yay!™ Tuesday: Program Wrap Up
- Forward to Families: Online Orders & Reward Reminder
- Cookie Booth of the Week Winners
- Cookie Spirit Award Winners
For Service Unit Cookie Managers:
Council Cookie Cupboard Update & Schedule
Council cookie cupboards will be open starting tomorrow, March 25 at noon, with the remaining inventory available on a first-come, first-served basis. There are no planned orders, appointments, or case limits. We will alert you in the Daily Cookie News if any changes occur with this weekend’s operating schedule. Watch for inventory alerts on Cookie Central before you make your cupboard trip. If you are picking up cookies to fulfill donation orders, please consider picking up varieties that the cupboard has the most inventory in stock when you arrive.
At this time, here is the schedule for this weekend for all cupboard locations: Blaine, Burnsville, Mankato, Plymouth, Rochester, Roseville, and Woodbury:
|Date||Hours of Operation|
|Friday, March 25||12:00 pm – 6:00 pm|
|Saturday, March 26||8:30 am – 12:30 pm|
|Sunday, March 27||8:30 am – 12:30 pm|
Note: Due to our lease end date, the Plymouth, Rochester, and Woodbury locations will close for the season on March 27. The Mankato location will also close for the season on March 27.
Schedule for Final Days of Cupboard Operation
Pending cookie availability, the Burnsville and Roseville Council Cupboards will be open Thursday, March 31, from 12:00 pm-3:00 pm. Should any changes occur, we’ll alert you in the Daily Cookie News.
As you begin to wrap up the season, it’s important to review all cupboard transfers in Smart Cookies using your Transfer Order Summary Report. Filter the report for Cupboard to Troop transfers to narrow the results to only cupboard pickups. If you notice an error between Smart Cookies and your physical inventory or notice a transfer is missing, please complete the Cookie Cupboard Error Report Form.
Dream Team 2022 (1000+ Sellers)
Girl Scouts who sell 1000+ packages of cookies in 2022 become part of the Cookie Dream Team. To celebrate their accomplishments we are super-pumped to announce this year’s invite-only event will be a picnic-style “Movie Under the Stars,” held May 14 at the Blaine Sports Complex. Dream Team Girl Scouts and their families can see their super seller’s photo on the big screen and then watch a movie. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs. We’ll bring snacks, activities, the movie, and fun! More details will be included in the Dream Team email invitations which will be delivered to the Girl Scouts primary caregiver’s email address on file with Girl Scouts River Valleys
Half-Off Camp Coupon: 2022
As Girl Scouts make their reward choices remember the 2022 Half-Off Camp Coupon at the 850-package level must be used in the summer of 2022 at one Girl Scouts River Valleys’ summer resident camp session or council-approved Service Unit day camp session. The maximum value is $250.
For details on rewards at the 850 packages level and above read the rewards fine print. We’ll have the scoop on how to order both girl and troop PGA rewards in Smart Cookies next week.
Online Cookie Orders & Cookie Booths Through April 3
You’ve been heard. While some troops are ready to wrap up their sale on March 27, others want to keep selling over the final weekend. To support these goal-getters, Girl Scouts may continue to share their cookie sales links and accept orders for local cookie delivery and/or direct-ship sales through April 3. Troop direct-ship sales links will also remain open during this time. If Girl Scouts no longer wish to participate in local delivery, their parent/guardian can turn off the option in Smart Cookies.
Troops can also opt-in to participate in troop-secured cookie booths. Enter your requests no later than 12:00 pm on April 1 to ensure your booths are approved in time for the weekend.
Managing the Cookie Care Program
We are here to help take the confusion out of tracking cookie donations for the Cookie Care Program in Smart Cookies. Read our Managing Cookie Donations tip sheet to assist you in tracking donations as you begin to wrap up the season.
You can also watch a recording of last month’s Troop Toast YAY Tuesday focusing on donations. Use the Zoom access passcode:
“Last Chance for Cookies!” Marketing Tools
Whether you are ending your Cookie Program this weekend or next weekend, a great way Girl Scouts can market their business near the end and reach their goals or stretch goals is to remind their customers that it’s the “last chance to stock up on Girl Scout Cookies for the year!” Share a “last chance” social image or story video with your networks to promote your final cookie booth.
Troop Toast-Yay!™ Tuesday: Sale Wrap Up
Join us for our final Troop Toast-Yay! Tuesday Zoom call of the cookie season where we will discuss how to order cookie rewards and share tips on how to wrap up your sale in Smart Cookies. This session will be held Tuesday, March 29, from 7:00-7:45 pm (CST). Register by March 28 at 12:00 pm, and we’ll email you the Zoom link. See you (virtually) then!
Cookie Combo Patch
The personalized patch from the Snacks & Magazine Program always is a tree-mendous patch to have on a Girl Scout’s vest or sash. They can earn two personalized patches each year: one for Snacks & Magazines and one for the Cookie Program called the Combo Patch. Girl Scouts earn the Combo Patch for sending 15 or more emails in the recent Snacks & Magazines Program and selling 300 packages of cookies. They can edit their avatar in M2OS until April 1. If earned, the patches will be sent in early summer directly to the Girl Scouts’ home address.
Forward to Families
Here’s the latest update to copy, paste, and forward to families in your troop:
- Girl Scouts can continue to share their cookie sales links, plus accept orders for local cookie delivery and direct-ship sales through April 3. If you no longer wish to participate in local delivery and to deactivate any social media links, you can turn off the option for local delivery in Smart Cookies in two easy steps.
- In the Girl Scout’s account click the person icon in the top left corner and select edit profile.
- Then uncheck the box “opt-in for social link girl delivery option.”
- Be sure to provide me with your Girl Scout’s reward choices by
[insert date]to ensure I have the correct items ordered. If your Girl Scout has reached a level where size is needed, you can enter that size in Smart Cookies. If you need assistance or have questions, please contact me.
It’s the last two weeks to enter into patch programs!
Cookie Booth of the Week Winners
Week 4: Daisy/Brownie/Junior Booth of the Week
Week 4: Cadette/Senior/Ambassador Booth of the Week
There’s still time to enter using the Cookie Booth of the Week Form. We’ll draw a winner from the March 19-25 submissions on March 30.
Cookie Spirit Award Winners
Let’s hear a cheer for this week’s Cookie Spirit Award Winners:
- Sarah Matlock – Troop 55229: “Sarah has been our Troop Cookie Manager for the past 3 years and has housed and distributed all the troops inventory for the past 4 years. We have a large multilevel troop and she has 3 children of her own to manage. She has made cookie season so smooth for everyone and takes a lot of time out of her busy life to commit to our cookie endeavor! She is just awesome!”
- Lindsey Barringer: “This is our first cookie season and Lindsay has gone above and beyond with her organization, coordination, communication, and spirit of helping each girl reach their goals. She is our Rockstar cookie volunteer!!! Thank you, Lindsay, we greatly appreciate you.”
Both Sarah and Lindsay will receive a $25 Target gift card and a big high five from Girl Scouts River Valleys! Nominate a cookie volunteer for consideration today. Submissions carry over each week.
Assisting Troops with End of Season Wrap Up
With two weekends left in the Cookie Program, some troops will keep selling until the end, and some are ready to wrap things up now. Regardless of which they choose here are some tips to help them finish strong.
Help Troops Finish The Cookie Program Strong
- Run the Troop On-Hand Inventory Report and reach out to any troop with 35+ cases in inventory to see if they need assistance with transfers or have plans to sell the remaining inventory.
- Remind troops of the April 8 deadline for ordering rewards and share the instructions on how to order rewards in The Smart Cookies Guide for Volunteers.
- Encourage troops to register for the special Troop Toast YAY Tuesday on March 29 to cover the steps for wrapping up the season. We’ll share a link to the recording for those that are unable to attend.
- Organize a “Service Unit Cookie Drive-Thru” event for troops to work in shifts to sell their remaining inventory the last weekend of the season. You can help locate a large parking lot that will allow troops to sell, create a Sign-Up Genius for troops to secure a time slot, then help to advertise the event in the media or on social media.
- Connect troops for cookie transfers. Do you know of a troop that has a lot of donations and a troop that has a lot of leftover packages? You can help make it a win-win situation!