Cookie Conversation Recording & Slides, Cookie Request Orders, Cupboard Schedule, Cupboard Volunteers Needed, Troop Toast-Yay Tuesday, Toast (Yay) a Teacher, Troop Ship Only Orders and Crediting Girl Scouts, Online Sales Rewards, ACH Withdrawal, Forward to Families, Cookie Booth of the Week and Cookie Spirit Award Winners, Update Service Unit Reward Shipping Address.
In this edition:
- Cookie Conversation Recording & Slides
- Cookie Request Orders & Cupboard Schedule
- Troop Toast-Yay!™ Tuesday: Sale Wrap Up
- Toast (Yay) a Teacher
- ACH Withdrawal Tomorrow
- Forward to Families
- Cookie Booth of the Week Winners
- Cookie Spirit Award Winners
For Service Unit Cookie Managers:
Cookie Conversation Recording & Slides
Volunteers and staff gathered last night for our second open house conversation. We reviewed what we expect to happen on the next two weekends and through the end of the program and answered some frequently asked questions. We also offered a peek “behind the oven door” to hear from staff about how we manage the Cookie Program (in a normal year) and how much different this year has been! We heard comments from volunteers that it was helpful to have this additional context about how the Cookie Program runs. Here is the March 16 Cookie Conversation Meeting Presentation (PDF) we shared along with a recording of the meeting.
Cookie Request Orders & Cupboard Schedule
Cookie request orders are available for pickup at your selected council cupboard location/day/time starting this Saturday, March 19. To view your cookie request order information in Smart Cookies, you can run the Planned Order Report from your Reports tab to view the totals you requested and the cupboard location. The report will show your cookie request order, cupboard, day, and timeframe for arrival. Have a copy of your cookie request order ready to show the cupboard staff upon arrival.
How to Prepare & What to Expect for Your Cupboard Visit
- Planned orders can’t be swapped like appointments.
- A confirmation email with a recap of your location/day/pick up timeframe will be sent to you before Saturday. You can view this information on your Planned Order Report in Smart Cookies.
- Bring your planned order receipt (paper or virtual) with you.
- Arrive at the time and date you selected when you placed the order (unless you were contacted to reschedule). It will be busiest at the top of each hour.
- You must visit the cupboard location you selected when you placed the order.
- You may reduce the quantity of your order when you arrive, but not increase it or swap varieties.
- You can cancel your order.
For all locations, your cupboard to troop transfer will not appear immediately in Smart Cookies. If you notice any errors in Smart Cookies, please complete the cupboard error form on Cookie Central.
Since the orders picked up this weekend are already scheduled (variety and quantity), the inventory table in Cookie Central will not be updated this weekend. We’ll return to that next week.
At this time, we plan to have council cupboards open March 25-27. The remaining inventory will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be no planned orders, appointments, or case limits. We will alert you in the Daily Cookie News and The Cookie Press regarding the last day cupboards will operate.
Can you Help with the Cookie Cupboards this Weekend or March 25-27?
You know the old saying, “many hands make light work?” Well, we are looking for a few more helping hands to work in our council cupboards for this weekend and the weekend of March 25-27. All volunteers will receive a Girl Scouts sweatshirt and hat, along with a lot of gratitude from fellow volunteers and staff.
Cookie request order deliveries are occurring this week. Your Regional Cupboard Manager will be in contact once orders are ready for pickup. Any remaining inventory will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Troop Toast-Yay!™ Tuesday: Sale Wrap Up
Join us for our final Troop Toast-Yay! Tuesday Zoom call of the cookie season where we will discuss how to order cookie rewards and share tips on how to wrap up your sale in Smart Cookies. This session will be held Tuesday, March 29, from 7:00-7:45 pm. Register by March 28 at 12:00 pm, and we’ll email you the Zoom link. See you (virtually) then!
Toast (YAY) a Teacher!
If your troop has a few too many Toast-Yay! Girl Scout Cookies, thanks to Bernadette Gillespie, here’s a great marketing tool: Toast (YAY) a Teacher! Customers can purchase a package (or more) and the troop will deliver it to teachers at school. Here’s a flyer that Bernadette shared for promoting the program. Be creative with others you can Toast (YAY) and share the cookie love.
Troop Direct Ship Orders & Crediting Girl Scouts with Sales
Looking for an easy-peasy way to help add to troop sales?
Girl Scouts can promote the Troop Ship-Only Link from Smart Cookies on flyers to post in local businesses that want to support them in reaching their goals. The Girl Scouts can work together to create a flyer and brainstorm a list of businesses that they could ask to post it. Those businesses can include hair salons & spas, community centers, restaurants, convenience stores, etc. The flyer can promote the troop goals and feature a QR code that leads customers to the troop’s direct-ship link. Find the Troop Ship Only Link under Troop Information in the My Troop tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page to find the link. You can create a QR code using this link or click on Print Handout to view a shortened link (tiny URL) to place on the flyer
View any direct-ship orders credited to your troop in Smart Cookies by selecting Troop Direct Ship Orders from the Orders tab. If the troop received any orders credited from customers using the Girl Scouts of the USA Cookie Finder, they will appear on the same screen along with any other orders the troop received from promoting their link.
You can also view these orders on the Manage Orders screen. They will appear under one entry with the prefix TDS followed by the troop number until the orders are transferred to the Girl Scouts. Once all the cookies are distributed to Girl Scouts for credit, the troop entry will show “0” in the order detail.
It’s recommended to wait to distribute these sales to Girl Scouts until you are ready to order their rewards. You can choose to credit each Girl Scout individually or use these sales to help those that are close to the next reward level with the opportunity to level up. To distribute these sales, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on the Distribute Orders to Girls button. Select the Girl Scouts from your troop to distribute the cookies sold, then click on Continue. You’ll see the packages left to distribute to girls. Enter the number of packages for each girl and click on Save when complete. This process is like using the Smart Booth Divider where girls will be credited with the number of packages sold, but do not need to be credited with a financial transaction.
Online Sales Rewards
Using Smart Cookies has its rewards for Girl Scouts with special online rewards this season. Girl Scouts can earn the online patch for sales of 55 packages, the 100 Boost Bar patch for sales of 100 packages, and at 200 packages the ring light for orders placed through their Smart Cookies accounts.
The following online orders will be counted towards earning the online rewards:
- E-cards for girl cookie delivery and direct-ship
- Social direct-ship
- Social girl cookie delivery orders.
These orders can be viewed in your Mobile and e-Card Summary Report in Smart Cookies, so you can see which Girl Scouts have earned or are close to earning these extra rewards. The online rewards will arrive with the rest of the Girl Scout and troop rewards later in May in the Service Unit reward shipment.
ACH Withdrawal Tomorrow
The initial ACH (aka Automated Clearing House) withdrawal will be made from the troop bank account tomorrow, March 18. Review the ACH FAQ article to help answer your questions. ACH withdrawal amounts will be reflected in Smart Cookies 1-2 days after the money is withdrawn from the troop’s bank account.
Forward to Families
This is the time in the Cookie Program where families should be communicating with you if they have more inventory than they think the Girl Scout can sell. If you are accepting cookie returns from families, here’s the latest update to copy, paste, and forward to families in your troop:
- Our troop cookie return date is
[insert date]. You’ll have until this date to transfer any unsold inventory back to the troop, or you will be financially responsible for the cookies. Remember, cookies must be in sellable condition to be returned to the troop.
- There’s still time to work on your Cookie Adventure Bingo card to earn a free patch!
Cookie Booth of the Week Winners
Week 3: Daisy/Brownie/Junior Booth of the Week
Troop # 18793
Week 3: Cadette/Senior/Ambassador Booth of the Week
Troop # 56376
There’s still time to enter using the Cookie Booth of the Week Form. We’ll draw a winner from the March 12-18 submissions on March 23.
Cookie Spirit Award Winners
Let’s hear a cheer for this week’s Cookie Spirit Award Winners:
- Lori King – LeSueur/Henderson Service Unit: “Lori has gone above and beyond to help our new daisy troop with 10 kindergarten/first graders and first-time troop leaders and parents to get trained in on all things cookies! She hosted and ran our meeting in her home, provided cookie samples, picked up, sorted, and organized our pre-orders, and recruited her co-leader and their girls to lead our girls in earning their cookie badge. She has helped to supplement our initial order with more cookies from her troops’ inventory and has answered every call, text, and ask for help. This has been a great start for our troop, and having her support along the way has truly been tremendous!”
- Allie Daugherty – Troop 58284: “This is her first year with Girl Scouts and she has been all about cookie season since the fall! She has the best can-do and goal-getter attitude around! She is generous and flexible with her time and attention to the girls and parents. She has a winning spirit and wants everyone to succeed. It’s made this season both exciting, calming and an (already!) high-sales year thanks to her!”
Both Lori and Allie will receive a $25 Target gift card and a big high five from Girl Scouts River Valleys! Nominate a cookie volunteer for consideration today. Submissions carry over each week.
Update Your Service Unit Reward Shipping Address
We will ship Girl Scout and troop rewards to the address you have listed in Smart Cookies.
To verify or update your address:
- Go to Smart Cookies
- Select My Service Unit from Service Unit Info.
- Review the information on this screen. If the information for the volunteer and address is correct, no action is needed.
- If the volunteer information is incorrect, you can update the information in each field, then click on Update Information to save your edits.
Review and edit this information by April 10. No changes can be made after that date. Don’t worry, we’ll give you another reminder ahead of that deadline. Rewards will ship the week of May 23.