Cookie & Booth Go Day this Saturday, National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend, Cookie Finder, Cookie Swap Access Code, Direct-Ship Orders, Credit Card Refunds, Donation Program, Volunteer Recognition, Cupboards and Camp Coupon Reminders.
In this edition:
- Cookie & Booth Go Day is this Saturday, February 19
- The Cookie Finder & National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend
- Cookie Care Program Donations
- Cookie Swap Information & Access Code
- Smart Cookies Direct-Ship Assistance for Cookie Customers
- Smart Cookies Credit Card Refunds
- Cookie Volunteer Spirit Award Nomination
- Cookie Cupboard & Planned Order Reminders
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Update for Council Cupboards
- Forward to Families
- Camp Registration Starts February 22
For Service Unit Cookie Managers:
Cookie & Booth Go Day is this Saturday, February 19
After all the planning, preparation, and cookie deliveries, Cookie and Cookie Booth Go Day is this Saturday, February 19! Thank you for all you have done to get your Girl Scouts ready for this season’s cookie adventures. We are so fortunate to have you as part of our totally koala-fied cookie crew, supporting Girl Scouts to reach their cookie goals. We’d love to see everyone in action this weekend, so flood our Girl Scouts River Valleys Facebook (@GirlScoutsRV) with photos of cookie booths, cookie deliveries to those eager Girl Scout Cookie fans.
Masks are required for all participants when indoors. Masks are not required outdoors unless social distancing cannot be maintained. If a cookie booth location has a masking requirement in place, the troop volunteers and Girl Scouts must comply with the location’s requirement, whether indoors or out. For council-secured locations, troops must review the booth notes in Smart Cookies, which will note if a location has a mask requirement in place. We highly recommend that troops be prepared with a supply of masks as part of their booth supplies.
Please be sure that all participants are familiar with the COVID-19 In-Person Girl Scout Activity Guidance. Guidance is updated as conditions change, and this link will always have the most up-to-date information.
The Cookie Finder & National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend &
Not only is this weekend Cookie & Booth Go Day for Girl Scouts River Valleys, it’s also National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend! That means the media spotlight shines on Girl Scout Cookies and how they get to customers. The Girl Scout Cookie Finder will be available on GirlScoutsRV.org and also at GirlScoutCookies.org.
Customers type in their zip code to be directed to cookie booths near their location, or they’ll have the option to have cookies shipped directly to their homes.
Proceeds for direct-ship orders from the Cookie Finder will benefit a random troop from the zip code from the customer search. You can view any Cookie Finder direct-ship sales (or from sharing your Troop Ship-Only Cookie Link) in Smart Cookies. Select Troop Direct Ship Orders from the Orders tab. No action is needed for these sales in Smart Cookies until it’s time to order rewards. We’ll provide you with more details on how to distribute those sales in a future post
Cookie Care Donation Program
With the Cookie Care Program, Girl Scouts can give back to their community and also earn special rewards. Troops can participate in one or both options:
- Girl Scouts River Valleys donated cookies (known as Virtual Cookie Share in Smart Cookies): Cookies will be donated directly to healthcare workers, school lunch programs, and food shelves. Girl Scouts River Valleys facilitates getting the cookies to our partner organizations
- Troop donated cookies (known as Tracked Cookie Share in Smart Cookies): Girl Scouts select a nonprofit organization, such as a local food shelf, hospital, faith organization, or shelter. It’s up to them to research the organization and make a philanthropic business decision. Troops donate cookies from their remaining inventory to the organization(s) of their choice
For both programs, Girl Scouts collect money from customers and turn it into the troop while earning special rewards too. To learn how to record cookie donations in Smart Cookies, view the donation instructions in the Smart Cookies Guide for Volunteers and check out this handy-dandy Managing Donated Cookies tip sheet to help you navigate the process.
Important Notes for Online Donations
- When customers choose to make a donation through a girl’s direct-ship link, the donations will go towards Virtual Cookie Share donations
- When customers choose to make a donation through an e-card or using a girl cookie delivery sales link, the troop can choose either option:
- If the troop doesn’t wish to handle the inventory, you will create a Virtual Cookie Share Order for the Girl Scout. This will give the individual credit for the sale. Then the amount collected will balance to the financial responsibility assigned to the Girl Scout.
- If the troop will use troop inventory, you will need to ensure you’ve transferred enough cookies to the Girl Scout to cover her actual sales plus the tracked cookie share packages.Example: If Sophia was given 25 packages for her customer orders, then received 5 packages for donations, you would transfer an additional 5 packages to her to balance her account. The troop keeps the packages to donate at the end of the sale and track these 5 packages in Tracked Cookie Share.
Cookie Swap Information and Invitation Code
Connect with other cookie volunteers to exchange cookies with the Girl Scouts River Valleys Cookie Swap. Use the invitation code below to log into the website. You may share the code, but only with other registered volunteers.
Cookie Swap Invitation Code: Cookies2022
Users can create and browse two types of posts in the cookie swap:
- Troops with extra cookies
- Troops in need of cookies
Read our Cookie Swap Instructions article for guidance.
Smart Cookies Direct-Ship Assistance for Cookie Customers
Direct-ship cookie orders continue to be popular this season. Families may connect with you when their customers have questions on their direct-ship cookie order.
What happens after a customer completes a direct-ship order?
- The customer receives an email to confirm their order, which includes an order number (check the junk mail folder in case it lands in that location).
- Cookies are picked and packed at the warehouse, then transitioned for delivery to FedEx.
- The customer receives an email with tracking information when the order ships from FedEx.
- Cookies arrive within 10-14 days.
Families can direct customers to the Smart Cookies Direct Ship Customer Service Team at ABCSmartcookiesdirect@westonfoods.com. The customer will need their order number and other helpful information, such as the number of packages and varieties of cookies involved, when reporting an issue on a direct-ship order.
Note: Direct-ship orders cannot be canceled or changed to girl cookie delivery orders.
Smart Cookies Credit Card Refunds for Girl Cookie Delivery Orders
You can view all troop financial transactions from your Finances tab in Smart Cookies under Financial Transactions. There are tabs for both troop and girl transactions. Troop cookie managers can refund a credit card payment for any orders that the family mistakenly approved for girl cookie delivery that they are unable to deliver.
Steps to Process a Credit Card Refund for a Customer
- Ask the Girl Scout or their family for the order number (found in the Manage My Orders screen of the Girl Scout’s account)
- Mimic their account in Smart Cookies by clicking on the person icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Then select Mimic a User and choose the Girl Scout to mimic.
- Select Manage My Orders from the My Orders tab, and then locate the order.
- Click on the three dots on the right side of the screen and select Refund Order.
- Confirm you wish to refund the order from the pop-up screen.
- The customer will receive an email notification to alert them of their refund.
- The order status will change to show the order has been refunded and the financial transaction will show $0.00.
Cookie Volunteer Spirit Award Nomination
It’s no secret Girl Scouts River Valleys’ cookie volunteers are amazing. Celebrate cookie volunteers and share their stories with our first-ever Cookie Spirit Awards. Nominate a cookie volunteer who is friendly, helpful, considerate, caring, and shines with that unique Girl Scout Cookie spirit by completing our nomination form.
Cookie Cupboard and Planned Order Reminders
For troops using our On-Demand, By Appointment Cookie Cupboards, your appointments can be booked as little as five minutes in advance, granted appointments are available. Be prepared for your cupboard trip. Visit the Cookie Cupboard Map via Cookie Central to view up-to-date cupboard operating schedules and any cookie inventory alerts.
Other Important Cupboard Visit Reminders:
- Review your confirmation email. This email confirmation must be shown to cupboard staff upon arrival. If another adult is picking up cookies on the troop’s behalf, forward the email to that person.
- Arrive at your scheduled time.
- Face coverings must be worn during your visit.
- At On Demand, By Appointment Cupboards, have your order ready with totals by variety in cases and packages.
- Staff will greet you, record your vehicle information, and take your order on a tablet.
- Your cookie order is sent to the warehouse to be loaded on carts. Staff will return to your vehicle to load the cookies for you.
- Please remain in your vehicle. If your vehicle requires staff to be in close contact with you, you may be asked to exit the vehicle or load the order yourself.
- You’ll receive a paper copy of the receipt.
- Your patience is appreciated! For many staff, this is their first day on the job and they are learning the ropes. Rest assured that the cupboard staff is working as quickly and efficiently as possible to get you back on the road.
- At Planned Order Cupboards, print out your planned order from Smart Cookies. At Council Express Planned Order Cupboards, you will not receive a receipt, rather, your planned order will simply be approved within 24 hours. At Regional/Regional Express Planned Order Cupboards, the Cupboard Manager will provide you with a receipt.
- Check out the Cookie Cupboard Map linked on Cookie Central for cupboard addresses, printable drive-up directions so you know where to go.
- You can print or open on your phone the Cookie Cupboard Reference Sheet which includes all cupboard locations schedules and addresses.
For troops that use a Regional or Regional Express Cupboard or plan to use a Council Express Cupboard, planned orders opened earlier today and will close at 8:00 am on Monday.
The troop contacts in Smart Cookies will receive an email when cookies are transferred to the troop from a cupboard. Your Troop Balance Summary and Troop Order Summary reports will be helpful reports to view cupboard and sales activity.
If any errors occur with your cupboard transaction, complete the online Cookie Cupboard Error Report Form and a member of our staff will follow up with you.
Check out our Cookie Cupboard FAQs article for answers to all your cupboard questions.
Peanut Butter Sandwich Update for Council Cupboards
The first shipment of Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies (PBS) to council cupboards is delayed. We expect this variety to be available in council cupboards beginning the second week of the sale.
What we have done in response:
- Ensured that all initial orders which included Peanut Butter Sandwiches were filled by shifting planned Peanut Butter Sandwich cookie cupboard stock to fill initial orders.
What you can expect:
- All other cookie varieties will be in stock (except the gluten-free Caramel Chocolate Chip) at all council cupboards starting on Go Day weekend (February 19).
- We anticipate Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies will be back in stock and ready for pick up in all Council Cookie Cupboards by the week of February 28. This includes Blaine, Burnsville, Mankato, Plymouth, Rochester, Roseville, and Woodbury.
- Our baker does not anticipate any further shortages of inventory this season. For the latest inventory alerts at our Council Cupboards, please check Cookie Central which will be updated throughout the entire cookie season.
- For those placing planned orders for pick up at our Delivery Agent Council Express cupboards: We will not have Peanut Butter Sandwich in these locations for this week’s planned orders (due February 21 at 8:00 am). All other cookie varieties will be available. We expect the Peanut Butter Sandwich variety to be available for council express planned orders with deadline of February 28 for pick up March 3-4 .
We appreciate your understanding and support as we navigate this cookie season together.
Forward to Families
Here’s the latest information to copy, paste, and forward to the families in your troop:
- We know there’s a lot of excitement around Cookie Go Day, but please make sure that you do not deliver cookies until this Saturday, February 19 to be honest and fair to all Girl Scouts.
- It’s not too late to participate! You can still opt-in to any of the options in the Cookie Program, including the online-only option where you can share your Girl Scout’s cookie sales link for direct-ship orders and you won’t have to touch a single package of cookies or collect any money! Check out our Family Cookie Guide for the details on getting started.
- Ready to take your Girl Scout’s online marketing to the next level? Create a short video sales pitch and share it with your friends and family.
- The Cookie Entrepreneur Family Pin celebrates the teamwork between you and your Girl Scout to make the cookie season happen. Guidelines for each program level are on the Volunteer Toolkit in the resources tab and the pins can be purchased at online at GirlScoutShop.com.
- For a fun project to complete now, add your QR code from Smart Cookies to door hangers and business cards. Follow the steps in the Smart Cookies Guide for Families to learn more about how to generate your QR code and use it for contactless cookie orders and payment.
- If you couldn’t attend Girl Scouts River Valley’s Virtual Cookie Rally, you can still join in the fun! Check out the 2022 Virtual Cookie Rally recorded video and try out the activities to start your sale.
Camp Registration Starts February 22
Are the Girl Scouts in your troop as excited about camp as they are about cookies? As Girl Scouts prepare to sell cookies and meet their goal to earn the Half-off Camp Coupon Package, we have a few pro-tips so you can share the info with the families in your troop!
- Be ready to register for camp with a $25 registration fee, on either February 22, 24, March 1, or 3 depending on the type of camp you want to attend. Learn more about how to register for camp.
- Our camps are amazing and fill quickly, so don’t wait to register when you earn the Half-off Camp Coupon. Plan to do so when camp registration opens.
- The Half-off Camp Coupon has a maximum value of $250 and must be used for a 2022 summer resident camp session or council-approved Service Unit day camp session. They are not redeemable for cash and do not cover the cost of the $25 registration fee
- An email with the coupon electronic code will be sent to the email address of the Girl Scouts’ primary caregiver in mid-May when you can then use it to help pay for camp.
- Bonus Pro Tip: Unexpired Cookie Credits can also be used to pay for your summer camp experience.
Supporting Troops at the Start of the Sale
The first weekend of the sale is an exciting time! Here are some tips for supporting your troops:
- Remind troops of the importance for families to wait until Cookie Go Day, February 19, to deliver cookies and begin cookie booth sales.
- Make sure troops are familiar with cookie cupboard options. Remember that cupboards require either an appointment or a planned order (for Council Express and Regional Cupboards) this season.
- Remind troops that no exchanges will be allowed at any cupboard location. Troops may only exchange damaged cookies for non-damaged cookies of the same variety at cookie cupboards.
- Once the families have received their initial cookie order, remind troops to make sure Girl Scouts are 50 percent paid for their current inventory before releasing more inventory. Troops must provide families with a receipt any time that cookie inventory or money is exchanged.