Read on for end-of-sale banking and payments, final payment collection from families, receiving and distributing girl rewards, and Fall FUNds/Juliette Program Credits and troop closeout reminders and service unit proceeds for service unit fall product managers.
In this edition:
- End-of-sale Banking and Payments
- Collecting Final Payments from Families
- Receiving & Distributing Girl Rewards
For Service Unit Fall Product Managers:
End-of-Sale Banking and Payments
By now, your girls’ customers are digging into the latest issue of their favorite magazine and munching on all their favorite snacks like the Dill Pickle Peanuts or Mint Treasures! Don’t let end-of-sale finances get you into a pickle, though! Remind families to turn in payment for their girl’s snack order card sales on or before November 30. Doing this will help keep you on track to have all money deposited in the troop’s bank account by the December 2 deadline leaving plenty of time before the ACH (Automated Clearing House) withdrawal from the troop bank account on December 10. Then, you can celebrate a job well done as your duties are complete. Feel free to share the final results with the girls and give them a high-five!
If your troop participated only in online sales, the proceeds will be credited to the troop account the week of December 6.
You can view the amount of the ACH (Automated Clearing House) by selecting Summary Report under Reports in M2OS for your troop. Here are two examples (one of a troop with a balance owed to council and another troop with a credit due from council):
Summary Report for troop who has a balance due to Girl Scouts River Valleys. Girl Scouts River Valleys will ACH (Automated Clearing House) withdrawal $197 from the troop account.
|Collected from Customers||$411.00|
|Troop Proceeds and Bonuses||$214.00|
|Amount Due Council||$197.00|
|Payments Made to Council||$0.00|
|Balance Due Council||$197.00|
Summary Report for a troop with only online sales. Girl Scouts River Valleys will ACH (Automated Clearing House) credit $43 to the troop account.
|Collected from Customers||$0.00|
|Troop Proceeds and Bonuses||$43.00|
|Amount Due Council||$-43.00|
|Payments Made to Council||$0.00|
|Balance Due Council||$-43.00|
Collecting Final Payments from Families
Payment from families for snack order card sales can be made to the troop in several ways. Direct families to your preferred method:
- Venmo/PayPal/CashApp: Use one of these options to electronically transfer payment to the troop account. Reminder: use the friends and family option within the payment platform to avoid fees.
- Direct deposits into the troop account using a troop deposit ticket (be sure the family provides you with a copy of the receipt).
- Cash/checks turned into the troop.
Track all girl payments in M2OS to keep tabs on any remaining funds due to the troop.
If needed, submit a Finance/Inventory Issue Form to us by the December 2 deadline. This form should be used when a troop encounters a financial problem during the Snacks & Magazines program, such as:
- A family is delayed or non-responsive and owes money to the troop
- The troop received an NSF (non-sufficient funds) check(s)
- The troop was charged fees by the bank because of high deposit activity
Receiving & Distributing Girl Rewards
Reward shipments will arrive to Service Unit’s the week of November 29. Your service unit Fall Product Manager will connect with you when the items are ready for pick up. To prepare, you can print the reward delivery ticket from M2OS. Go to Delivery Tickets, then scroll down to Reward Delivery Tickets. Under Troop Tickets by Troop, you can create a ticket which will list the troop reward order. Print this ticket and bring it with you to verify your reward count when you pick up the items. To sort the items by girl, go to Girl Scout Tickets and create a ticket. Print this ticket and verify the count with the families when distributing the rewards to the girls.
Do you have a girl that is receiving Fall FUNds and wanted the reward instead? Complete our Fall Product Rewards Issues Form to request a reward exchange by December 1. We will not be able to fulfill requests received after this date. Exchange requests are not guaranteed, but we will try our best! These requests are handled on a first-come, first-served basis. We will email any troops that made exchange requests in early December to let you know if the request can be filled or not.
Fall FUNds and Juliette Program Credits
As you know, Fall FUNds and Juliette Program Credits are now electronic. Girls will receive emails with their Fall FUNds and/or Juliette Program Credit codes by the end of December. These emails will be sent to the girl’s primary caregiver. Check out the Electronic Program Credit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more details on these credits.
Girl Reward Shipments
Patches, plush, and more will be coming to your door soon! The girl rewards shipment is set to arrive the week of November 29. To prepare for the arrival:
- Print the reward delivery tickets from M2OS. From the homepage, go to Delivery Tickets, then scroll down to Reward Delivery Tickets. From the delivery site drop-down, arrow down to the delivery contact name, then select Create Ticket. This ticket will show the total order for the service unit. Use this ticket to verify you have received all items.
- Sort the items by troop. Scroll down to Troop Tickets by Delivery Site. The Delivery Site Type is Single, in the Delivery Site, use the drop-down to select the contact receiving the shipments, keep the Troop drop-down at All, then select on Create Ticket. Print these tickets to sort the items by troop.
- Verify the count with each troop volunteer when they pick up the items. The troop volunteer can sign the ticket to acknowledge receipt of all rewards.
If you encounter issues, such as missing, extra, or damaged reward items, complete the online Fall Product Rewards Issues Form to report the issue to us.
Troop Banking Closeout Reminders
Remind your troops to have all money collected from snack order card sales and deposited into the troop bank account by the December 2 deadline.
Direct troops to complete the Finance/Inventory Issue Form if needed.
Service Unit Proceeds
Who doesn’t love a bonus right before the holidays? The service unit proceed funds will be arriving soon! Service units earned $5 for each girl who sold 25 items online (both snacks and magazines), with a maximum bonus amount of $350. View the girls that sold 25 or more online items in the Girl Orders Report in M2OS. Online orders include online snacks for girl delivery, direct-ship snacks, and all magazine sales.
If your service unit earned the proceeds, the funds will be credited to the service unit account on the week of November 22. For service units that do not bank at Wells Fargo, please allow additional processing time.