Read on for information about an exclusive button reward opportunity & bonus prizes, entering snack order card sales and girl reward choices, tracking girl payments, M2 leader avatars, instant rewards, addresses in M2OS and troop wrap-up reminders for Service Units.
In this edition:
- Snacks & Magazines Are in Full Swing!
- Exclusive Fall Cookie Combo Button Reward
- Sale Ends Sunday, October 17
- Entering Snack Order Card Sales
- Entering Girl Reward Choices
- Tracking Girl Payments
- Family Responsibility Form Submission Report
For Service Unit Fall Product Managers:
Snacks & Magazines Are in Full Swing!
From crunchy leaves in the park to the Hot Cajun Crunch Snack Mix, fall is definitely here. There is still plenty of time left for girls to join in the fun. Be sure to check out previous editions of In a Nutshell for the information you need to help girls who haven’t started yet to get up and running. Girls can join in the sale, set up their accounts, and take orders anytime between now and October 17.
Exclusive Fall Cookie Combo Button Reward
Some girls may need a little boost to help them reach their goals in the final days of the program. We are thrilled to reveal another bonus reward opportunity where girls can earn our exclusive Fall Cookie Combo Button featuring Piper the Penguin and the 2022 cookie mascot, Katie the Koala. Katie wants to cheer on the girls to reach their fall goals and get them amped up for the upcoming cookie season.
The button will not automatically appear in M2OS. However, you can view a report to determine which girls have earned the button or are close to earning the button. Simply select Special Reports from the Reports tab. Then run the Girl Scout Orders report to view the information.
To earn the button:
- As a new participant (for those girls that didn’t sell in 2020), girls will simply need to login to M2OS between now and October 17, create an avatar, and sell $30 in snacks and/or magazines.
- As a returning participant (girls that participated last year), girls will need to increase their total sales by $30 over last year.
- For returning girls, troop leaders can find last year’s sales numbers by clicking on the TP in the top right corner of their M2OS account. Then select Change Season, then Reports, and then All Sales.
The button will not be included in the girl reward shipment in late November. Buttons will be shipped directly to the girl’s home address on record with Girl Scouts River Valleys. Watch for a shipping update in a future In a Nutshell blog post.
But wait, there’s more!
Girls who earn the button are eligible to be randomly selected to win one of our 20 bonus prizes: Hydroflask water bottle & insulated lunch box combos.
We’ll announce the winners in late October and contact all winners by email—no substitutions or exchanges. Girls will receive an email from M2OS to alert them of this awesome new reward. Be sure to reach out to the girls in your troop to also promote this bonus reward!
Sale Ends Sunday, October 17
Can you be-leaf it? We have about a week and a half left for the Snacks & Magazines Program! Next Sunday, October 17 is the last day for snack order card sales. Reach out to participating families to remind them of this important date.
Entering Snack Order Card Sales
Before the last day of the sale, connect with your girls and families to remind them if they will be entering the snack order card sales or if you will be doing this for them. See the schedule below on the deadlines for users to enter snack orders into M2OS.
Note: Users are locked out of entering orders once their deadline has passed. If you are entering the snack order card for families, ask that they email or text you a picture of the girl’s snack order card. It’s a great backup in case the order card gets misplaced between now and when the snacks arrive in November.
|M2OS User||Start Date to Enter Snack Order Card Sales in M2OS||Deadline to Enter Snack Order Card Sales in M2OS|
|Troop||October 19||October 22|
|Service Unit||October 23||October 24 (*No exceptions can be made if this date is missed!)|
No late orders can be accepted after the Service Unit order entry deadline has passed.
Note: Ordering for online snacks and magazines will end on October 24 at 11:59 p.m. This will give customers one final chance to complete their online orders, troops the opportunity to earn additional proceeds, and girls to receive credit towards their rewards. Nothing needs to be submitted for online snack or magazine orders. These orders are already credited to the girl and the troop at the time of purchase.
If a girl is not listed in M2OS after October 18, you must contact Girl Scouts River Valleys to have them added to the system. Once the girl is added, you will be able to add their in-person snack order.
Review our M2OS Quick Tips Guide for Troops for help entering snack order card sales and/or girl rewards. If families are entering these sales, share the M2OS Quick Tips Guide for Families with them as a handy-dandy resource.
Entering Girl Reward Choices
Families and troops can make reward choices until October 24 at 11:59 p.m. This deadline only applies to girls that reach a sales level where there is a choice between an item and Fall FUNds. After October 24, if a selection is not made, the girl will be defaulted to Fall FUNds.
Reminder: Service unit volunteers cannot make reward choices for girls.
When entering the snack order card sales, girl rewards will not automatically update. These entries are updated every hour on the hour, so you may have to enter the snack order card sales and then return later to enter the reward selections. Don’t worry, M2OS will also send a helpful reminder to families to make a choice, if needed.
Tracking Girl Payments
You can use M2OS to credit girls with payment for any snack order card sales as they turn in cash and checks to the troop. To do this, open the Banking and Payments tab on the M2OS dashboard. Select the row by the troop number, then click the Add Girl Scout Payment button. Select the correct girl, record the payment and the payment date. Use the memo field to add any notes. Select Record Payment to save the transaction.
Reminder: Families can use Venmo, Cash App, and PayPal Friends and Family apps to transfer funds to the troop bank account.
Family Responsibility Form Submission Report
The 2021 Snacks & Magazines Family Responsibility Form has undergone a minor update which has fixed the issue around notification emails to troop leaders or troop fall product managers not being delivered. If you are a troop leader or troop fall product manager who did not receive email notification of girls in their troop participating you can use the Family Responsibility Form Submission Data (Through 10.5) for confirmation.
Make Your Volunteer Avatar
As you know, troop volunteers also have the chance to receive personalized patches for reaching sales goals. If your troop sells $600 or more in snacks and magazines, you and another troop leader are eligible to receive your very own personalized patch! If you would like to receive this patch, create your avatar in M2OS and enter a shipping address into the system. Limit two per troop.
Ice Breaker Instant Rewards Bonus Prize Winners
A huge shoutout to all our icebreakers who made their avatars and sent out 15 emails in the first week of the sale!
We are so excited to announce our prize winners from the icebreaker program. These girls were randomly selected to win, and notified via email.
- Abigail S – Hastings-Prescott Service Unit
- Annalise S – Kasson-Mantorville Service Unit
- Annika J – Centennial Service Unit
- Ariel L – Farmington Service Unit
- Aurelia W – Centennial Service Unit
- Brianna B – White Bear Lake Service Unit
- Charlotte L – Northern Lights E Service Unit
- Clara J – Woodbury Service Unit
- Desirae W – Wabasha County Service Unit
- Eliana C – Farmington Service Unit
- Elizabeth L – Wisconsin Valley Service Unit
- Ella A – Wisconsin Valley Service Unit
- Elly R – Valley Lake Service Unit
- Emily B – Burnsville-Savage Service Unit
- Evelyn L – Burnsville-Savage Service Unit
- Ezri M – Greater Brown County Service Unit
- Hannah C – Blaine-Ham Lake Service Unit
- Isabella S – Forest Lake Service Unit
- Isabelle B – Burnsville-Savage Service Unit
- Jaidah B – Blaine-Ham Lake Service Unit
- Josie N – Inver Grove Heights Service Unit
- Joss V – Stillwater Valley Service Unit
- Julianna F – Westonka-Orono Service Unit
- Katherine G – Prairie Sky Service Unit
- Katie S – Wisconsin Valley Service Unit
- Macie T – Beaver Lake Service Unit
- Madalyn D – Wayzata Service Unit
- Mallory L – Greater Brown County Service Unit
- Maryann L – Rochester Hills and Valleys Service Unit
- Maya N – Prairie Sky Service Unit
- McKayla R – South Saint Paul Service Unit
- Petra B – Northern Lights E Service Unit
- Raquell L – Mississippi Service Unit
- Talese U – Cambridge-Isanti Service Unit
- Zada B – Northern Lights E Service Unit
And the winner of the XL Piper the Penguin Plush: Zoe H – Minneapolis Lakes Service Unit
Snack Delivery/Reward Shipment Addresses in M2OS
There are two addresses needed from Service Unit volunteers in M2OS: the address for the snack delivery (product delivery site) and the address for the girl reward shipment. If you haven’t already, make sure you have entered both addresses in the system. From the M2OS dashboard:
- Go to Manage Service Unit, Troops & Girl Scouts
- Select Product Delivery Site.
- Click Edit to enter all information including the phone number for the day of delivery.
- Click Save when you’ve entered the information.
- You will be brought back to the Edit Service Unit page where you can click on the Edit button for the Reward Deliveries.
- Enter all information (no P.O. boxes accepted), then click on Save and Continue to save your edits.
Watch for an email with the snack delivery timeframe the week before your delivery day. This email will also include important steps to follow to ensure a smooth delivery experience.
Troop Wrap-Up Reminders
Late next week, reach out to your troops to see if they need any assistance wrapping up their sale. Remind them of the order entry timeline and to communicate with girls’ families about how their snack order card sales should be entered (by the troop or the families). Send a quick email, text, or post on your Service Unit Facebook page or in Rallyhood.
It’s also a good idea to log into M2OS to verify that troops are entering orders in the system. For a quick way to review troop orders, go to the Reports tab on your Service Unit dashboard. You can scroll through the troops and print, download, or export a report at the bottom of the page. If you notice a participating troop has not entered any sales, reach out to the troop volunteer with a friendly reminder of the deadline.
If a troop does miss the deadline, you can enter orders until October 24 at 11:59 p.m.
Important update: If a girl is not listed in M2OS after October 18, you must contact us to have her added to the system. Once the girl is added, you will be able to add her in-person snack order.
Remember, Service Unit volunteers can’t enter in reward choices for girls who are missing reward selections. Troops and girls can make reward choices until October 24 at 11:59 p.m.
Review the M2OS Quick Tips Guide for Service Units for details on how to enter snack order card sales.
We’re sending you a virtual “high-five” for helping troops wrap up their sale and ensuring all orders are entered on time.