Read on for M2OS Girl Access, Ways to Sell Snacks & Magazines, Icebreaker Rewards Timeframe, M2 avatars, Virtual Rally, Supporting Your Troops, and Confirm Service Unit Delivery Locations.
In this edition:
- Icebreaker Instant Rewards Timeframe
- M2 Avatars & Personalized Patches
- Virtual Snacks & Magazines Rally Recording
For Service Unit Fall Product Managers:
Snacks & Magazines Has Begun!
Yippee! The leaves are turning, sweaters are coming out of the closets, and the pumpkins are being picked. Fall is officially here and it’s finally “go time” for Snacks & Magazines! If you missed any of our previous In a Nutshell posts, check out edition 1 and edition 2. Right now, girls can take orders and set up their online accounts. Girls can join in the sale anytime between now and October 17.
M2OS Girl Access
It’s easy for girls to get started in M2OS. By setting up an online account, girls can fully engage in the virtual program and learn what it’s like to run their own online business. Girls can access M2OS in two ways:
- Register the online account from the link received in the Parent and Guardian email blast OR
- Visit http://www.gsnutsandmags.com/gsrv and follow the step-by-step instructions
Once their account is set up, girls can begin their online sales and have access to some neat marketing tools. Girls will receive emails when customers place orders through their account, plus get weekly updates on progress to their goals. Along with the sales opportunities, girls can do fun stuff like earn awards for their avatar, print their own business cards and door hangers, record a message for their avatar, and upload a video to share with their online supporters.
Please note: If a girl does not know her troop number, or can’t find her name within a troop, her account will be placed on hold until we can verify her Girl Scout ID number. The parent/guardian will receive an email to alert if this occurs. The girl can continue to set up her online account, however, she will not be able to send emails or share her online account on social media, by text, etc., until her ID number is verified. This process can take 24-48 hours or a little bit longer on weekends. The parent/guardian will receive an email when her ID number is verified, her online account will be activated, and friends and family emails will be sent out if the email addresses were entered into M2OS.
Remember to use our M2OS Quick Tip Guides for Troops and Families for help navigating the system. Plus, you can always access the troop training video on your M2OS dashboard in case you need a quick refresher. M2 Customer Service can also assist: support.gsnutsandmags.com or 800-372-8520.
Ways to Sell Snacks & Magazines
One of the great perks of Snacks & Magazines is the flexibility in participation options. Girls can participate in any combination of ways to sell or choose just one, depending on their comfort level. There are a few enhancements for 2021, including: the ability to share their online account link through text, the option to print door hangers featuring a QR code that will bring a customer right to the girl’s site, and the ability to choose which customers have the option to purchase snacks online and have the girl deliver the purchase locally. Copy and paste the options below to forward to the girls in your troop :
- Online magazine sales – Girls send email links to customers through M2OS or shares their account link on social media or by text. Customers will complete their purchase through the link and pay by credit card. Magazines will ship directly to the customer’s address.
- Online snack sales – Girls send email links to customers through M2OS or shares their account link on social media or by text. Customers will complete their purchase through the link, choose whether the items will be delivered by the girl or shipped directly to them, and pay by credit card. New for 2021: Girls can choose which customers receive the option for girl snack delivery. When customers choose to have snacks directly shipped to them, they can purchase the items listed on the order card plus shop from an expanded catalog of snacks. Customers will pay for the shipping charges, which are calculated at the time of purchase.
- Snack order card sales – Girls can take snack orders over the phone, video call, or in-person. They record these sales on their order card and then enter the sales in M2OS at the end of the program. Girls have the option to print door hangers featuring a QR code that links directly to their online account or business cards that also feature this unique link.
Girls and families must follow all in-person Girl Scout Activity Guidance when participating in in-person snack order card sales.
Sales hacks: Girls can pitch magazines to places that offer magazines in their lobbies (dentists, hairstylists, barbershops, etc.) or connect with family and friends that own a business to offer snack items for holiday gifts! Check out our Fall Product Bundles and Thank You Cards to help customers decide on some great snacks and magazines bundles!
Icebreaker Instant Rewards Timeframe
Between now and September 29, girls can earn our Icebreaker instant reward (you know, that really cool tech/water bottle sticker…), and have a chance to win one of 35 bonus prizes. This is a perfect time to reach out to girls with a reminder of the Icebreaker sticker and the opportunity to be selected for bonus prizes. These prizes include awesome things, like an XL Piper the Penguin, Sno-Cone Makers, and more! We’ll announce and contact the winners in early October; no substitutions or exchanges.
M2 Avatars & Personalized Patches
When girls access M2OS, they will be able to create an avatar that they can customize to look just like them! This is a super fun perk that is unique to the Snacks & Magazines program, and it is also one of the requirements to earn both the Fall Personalized Patch and the Cookie Combo Personalized Patch. Bonus: girls will earn the Online patch just for sending out 15 emails from M2OS. How easy is that?
Learn all about the requirements to earn these patches, plus get the scoop on the rest of the rewards here or check out the snack order card.
Virtual Snacks & Magazines Rally Recording
Girls that missed it last week can now view our Virtual Snacks & Magazines Rally video to learn more about the program and see Amashi, one of the penguins at the Como Zoo in St. Paul.
Supporting Your Troops
Snacks and Magazines has begun, and we hope you are as excited as we are. Check in with the troops in your service unit to offer your support in the early stages of the sale. Have a question you need us to answer? Connect with us for guidance or support at email@example.com or 800-845-0787! We are here to help you have the best Fall Product Program ever!
Confirm Delivery Locations
Service unit fall product managers and service unit managers have received, or will soon be receiving a delivery detail email that contains the delivery date for your service unit snack deliveries. Delivery timeframes will not be available until the week before your scheduled delivery date. Review this delivery detail email. The volunteer who is accepting the delivery must enter and verify the location in M2OS by October 17. While you’re at it, enter the shipping address for the girl reward shipment at the same time. Our M2OS Quick Tips Guide for Service Units will be able to help walk you through this process.
Juliettes in M2OS
Due to a limitation in M2OS, Juliettes with a troop number that begins with a “0” cannot be automatically entered into the system. If this issue affects a Juliette in your service unit, please refer the Juliette and her mentor to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-845-0787.