Read on for Smart Cookies Reports, Cub Cookie Booths, Cookie Care Program, Girl Rewards, Dream Team Update, Cookie Press Schedule, Final ACH, Prepping for Rewards Shipments
In this edition:
For Service Unit Cookie Managers:
Download Smart Cookies Reports
While the season is still top of mind, we encourage you to download and save these reports from Smart Cookies for your troop records. Go to Reports and select Current to view all available reports. Don’t worry, we’ll remind you again before the season officially wraps up. Here are some suggested reports to download:
- Troop Balance Summary: Review of how many cookies were given to the troop, how much money was collected by the girls, troop PGA, total number of direct ship cookies, and the number of Cookie Care Package (Virtual Share/CShare) donations
- Girl Cookie Totals Summary: Overview of the number of packages sold per girl, including a column for the CShare (which shows cookie donation totals), and the total packages sold by girl
- Girl Cookie Order Detail Summary: Shows the transfers to and from each girl, as well as any direct ship orders. The ‘Troop Total’ will list the number of cookies transferred to the troop girls by variety
- Track Cookie Share: Shows the total of both virtual and troop donation programs
- Girl Balance Summary: Views of each girl’s sale into how many cookies of each variety she sold at cookie booths, individually, and online
- Recognition Order Summary by Girl: Listing of rewards that each girl earned
Cub Cookie Booth and Troop Cookie Care Donation Program Photos
We are so thankful to our sustaining partner Cub for providing cookie booth opportunities to our girls year after year. It also brings us great joy to see the photos of troops making Cookie Care Program donations to many worthy organizations. We’d love to see your photos from both booths at Cub and troops making their donations. Submit your photos to us and they could possibly be used in Girl Scouts River Valleys promotional efforts.
Thanks to our volunteer “hive” for getting your girl and troop rewards entered into Smart Cookies. We have placed our orders with our reward vendors and are no longer able to make adjustments to reward selections. Here are a few added updates on girl rewards:
Rewards for 700+ Package Sales Levels
We have an increased number of girls that reached higher sales levels this season. This is exciting, but may mean you are getting added questions on how the process works for girls to receive these items. The service unit reward shipment will only contain the Super Seller patch, 1,000+ boost bar, and the Mini Bee Speaker for the 700+ package sales levels.
Cookie Credits and Half-Off Camp Coupons will now be electronic this season, with girls receiving an email code for these items sent the week of May 11 to the email address of their primary caregiver.
For all other items, an email requesting the family to confirm the preferred mailing address or email address for the girl will be sent to her primary caregiver later this month. The item(s) will not be sent until the mailing address or email address is confirmed.
Check out the Rewards Fine Print for additional details.
Dream Team 2021
Due to a record number of girls reaching sales of 1000+ packages in 2021, we have an update to the Dream Team 2021 event. As you may have heard, Dream Team will be held “under the stars” with a special drive-in movie for girls and their families at Bethel University in Saint Paul. The event will be held on May 15 and June 5. We have assigned girls to an evening based on service unit so girls can celebrate with their nearby Girl Scout sisters. Due to COVID-19 restrictions on the number of attendees per night at the venue, we will not be able to switch dates for girls. If girls are unable to attend the event, they will still be mailed their Dream Team certificate and patch.
Girls will be sent an email invitation by April 25 that will specify the date they have been assigned to along with a link to RSVP and the option to submit a photo for a presentation. Please instruct girls to hold both dates on their calendar until they receive the email next week. A printed invitation will not be sent this year.
The Cookie Press Updated Schedule
As cookie season winds down, so will The Cookie Press. Starting with today’s post, we will move to an every-other-week publishing schedule: April 29, May 13, and our final post on May 27.
Final ACH on April 30
The final ACH will take place on Friday, April 30. Refer to your Troop Balance Summary to view troop financials from final proceeds to the balance due.
If your troop receives a Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) check or incurs bank fees due to high deposit activity, complete a Finance/Inventory Issue Form by May 31.
If your troop only participated in online sales and/or is due a refund for troop proceeds earned, Girl Scouts River Valleys will process that refund to the troop bank account via an ACH credit at the end of April. Make sure the troop bank account information has been entered in Smart Cookies.
Juliettes that are paid in full will show an overpayment in their Troop Balance Summary that equals the troop proceeds.
Keep copies of all deposit tickets and bank receipts until December 31, 2021.
Prepping for Rewards Shipments
Before you know it, those cookie rewards will be shipping to your door the week of May 17. While we currently do not anticipate any delays, we will reach out if there are any changes. What can you do now to prepare for the shipment? Here are a few tips:
- Review your calendar to establish potential days/times for troops to pick up items that work with your schedule. Keep in mind, the shipment may not arrive until later in the week.
- Connect with troop volunteers to determine if they can assist with sorting the items. Many hands make light work.
- Bonus: If they help, they can take their rewards right away. 😉
- Set aside boxes or bags to help with packing items for troops
- Explore scheduling tools like Sign Up Genius or a Google form to set up times for pickup