Read on for Six Steps to Wrapping Up the Cookie Program, Girl and Troop PGA Rewards, Cookie Credits, Juliette Program Credits, End of Sale Banking, Cookie Cupboards, Forward to Families, and Service Unit Reward Support
In this edition:
- Six Steps to Wrap Up the Cookie Program
- Cookie Rewards Due April 7
- Ordering Girl Rewards
- Ordering Troop PGA Rewards
- Cookie Credits & Juliette Program Credits
- Hoodie and T-shirt Size Charts
- Cookie Cupboard Updates
- Online Cookie Orders Continue Through April 4
- Forward to Families: Rewards Choices For Girls
For Service Unit Cookie Managers:
We are making a beeline to the end of the cookie season! This issue is packed with must-read information on steps to wrap up the sale and order rewards. Don’t hesitate to reach out to your service unit cookie manager or contact us if you need assistance. Working together, we can ensure your girls receive those important rewards and the troop has the proceeds to power their Girl Scout experiences!
Six Steps to Wrap Up the Cookie Program
Follow the Six Steps to Wrap Up the Cookie Program to ensure you have properly closed out the cookie sale for your troop. By working through this document step by step, you can ensure you’ve tied up any loose ends and girls get proper credit for their sales.
Cookie Rewards Due April 7
Besides selling the cookies themselves, girls rate receiving rewards as one of their favorite things about cookie season. It’s important to reach out to families to confirm the girls’ reward choices ahead of the reward deadline. Each girl’s rewards are based on the sales totals entered in Smart Cookies for packages sold and donations sold. You must create the main recognition order and make the reward selections for each girl. If a selection is not made by the deadline, the girls will be defaulted to Cookie Credits. Reference the instructions in The Smart Cookies Guide for Volunteers for ordering girl rewards.
If your troop achieved a 220, 320, or 420 PGA:
You will order the troop PGA rewards in Smart Cookies. If your troop did not reach these PGA levels, no action is needed. To confirm your Troop PGA, view the Troop Balance Summary Report. The process for ordering these items has changed since last season. It’s critical to follow the steps in Ordering Troop Rewards so each girl selling receives her items.
Important Items to Note:
- Create the Troop Recognition Order
- Enter the # of girls selling in each red box for the items the troop earned
- If your troop did earn the hoodies at the 420 PGA level, you must enter the # of girls selling + 2 adults in the red box (Juliettes would receive 2 hoodies: 1 for the Juliette and 1 for the Juliette mentor).
- Example: If the troop had 4 girls selling, you would enter 6 total hoodies (1 for each girl selling plus 2 for the adults).
- Note: The two adult option will appear if you have two adult contacts in Smart Cookies. Contact us if you need an adult added to Smart Cookies.
- Click on the Extras tab to enter the sizes. You must also check the box next to any sizes you are ordering.
If your troop achieved a 420 PGA:
You will be able to order additional hoodies (at the troop’s expense) for the adults that assisted the troop in sales efforts. The troop’s contacts in Smart Cookies will receive an email with a link to the order form between April 8 and April 9. Please submit only one order for the troop. Payment will be made through an ACH from the troop bank account.
Online rewards, patch programs, and the Combo Patch are all tracked outside of Smart Cookies.
Cookie Credits and Juliette Program Credits
Both Cookie Credits and Juliette Program Credits (JPC’s) have gone electronic this cookie season! For both credit types, the girl’s primary caregiver will receive an email with a card number that will have the amount of credits loaded that she can redeem for any of the listed redemption options. View our Cookie Credits Policy for more information. Cookie credits issued in 2021 will expire in September 2022. Cookie Credit emails will be sent the week of May 10 while Juliette Program Credit emails will be sent the week of May 17.
Hoodie and T-Shirt Size Charts
Use the size charts below to assist in making choices for the girls. The bee socks do not require a size.
Hoodie Size Chart
T-Shirt Size Chart
End of Sale Banking
You’re making those final deposits into the troop bank account, crediting girls with financial transactions, and preparing for the final ACH later this month. You may encounter a few clean-up tasks at the end of the sale. If you do, complete a Finance/Inventory Issue Form by April 7. Here are a few examples of tasks that require this form to be completed to alert our staff so we can assist on the issue:
- Excess cookie inventory your troop needs additional time to sell
- Unpaid cookie money from families
- Stolen cookies/money or counterfeit money received
- Reimbursement for bank fees incurred by the troop for high deposit activity
- Returned Check (Non-sufficient funds/account closed) Reimbursement Request
Review the Finance/Inventory Issue Form FAQ’s for more details.
Cookie Cupboard Updates
The Cookie Cupboards reference page has the latest info on cupboards, including cookie inventory alerts to review ahead of your cupboard appointment. The On-Demand, By Appointment locations will be open Thursday, April 1, and Friday, April 2 of this week. If your troop uses a Regional Cupboard, your cupboard manager can confirm the final day of operation.
If your troop is looking to pick up cookies at a cupboard for donations, we encourage you to first connect with other troops in your service unit to see if you can assist a sister troop. If you do visit the cupboard for donation cookies, please consider picking up Toast-YAY’s and Lemonades in order to allow for troops that are still boothing and filling orders the ability to pickup the top five varieties for the weekend. Add a note to your donation to match the cookies, like “YAY for all you do!” with this fun clip art.
Need cookies after the cupboards have closed? Check out the Cookie Swap to find troops that are looking to transfer cookies. The invitation code is GSRV0220.
If you notice an error between Smart Cookies and your physical inventory or notice a transfer from a Cookie Cupboard is missing, please complete the Cookie Cupboard Error Report Form.
Online Cookie Orders and Troop-Secured Cookie Booths Through April 4
Girls can continue to share their cookie sales links, plus accept orders for local cookie delivery and direct-ship sales through April 4. Troop direct-ship sales links will also remain open during this time. If your troop received sales through the Cookie Finder, don’t forget to distribute these packages to girls. Refer to The Cookie Press: March 18 blog post for directions. If girls no longer wish to participate in local delivery, their parent/guardian can turn off the option in Smart Cookies.
Troops can participate in troop-secured cookie booths through April 4. To ensure your booths are approved in time for the weekend, enter your requests no later than Friday, April 2 at 12:00 PM.
Forward to Families
Here’s the latest update to copy, paste, and forward to families in your troop:
- Girl cookie reward orders are due soon! If your girl has reached a sales level that requires a choice between an item and a Cookie Credit, provide me with those choices no later than
[insert day]so I can make the selection in Smart Cookies for her. If I do not hear from you, the choice will default to a Cookie Credit. Remember, this year, at certain reward levels, girls can forego the item and be a part of the Bee a Sister program where her donation (facilitated by council) will support the Pollinator Center at the MN Landscape Arboretum. Plus, she’ll earn a cool patch to boot!
Service Unit Reward Support
One of the most important deadlines of the cookie season is the reward deadline. As a service unit cookie manager or manager, you can help ensure girls receive the correct rewards they earned to wrap-up their season on a high note. What can you do to assist?
- Reach out to troops to remind them of the April 7 reward deadline.
- Run the Troop On Hand Inventory Report to review the list of troops that have not allocated their cookies or are showing negative inventory. Connect with these troops to offer your assistance.
- Review the Troop Balance Summary Report and alert troops at the 220/320/420 PGA levels that they must order the rewards in Smart Cookies
While troops will be locked out of editing reward orders after April 7, service units will be able to make edits to troop reward orders until April 10 at 11:59 PM. You can view the actions needed on your Service Unit Dashboard in Smart Cookies under the Action Items section. You can click on the link under each action item listed below and export the results to an Excel spreadsheet to help you view the affected troops and the action they are missing:
- Troops with no Main Recognition Order: This will show you the troops that have not started an order.
- Incomplete Recognition Orders: This will show you a list of troops where an action is missing for a girl reward.
If reward choices are not made at applicable package levels for girls by April 10, the girl will be defaulted to the Cookie Credit.
Note: If you want to view the Senior and Ambassador troops that opted out of rewards, you can view the Troop Balance Summary report to see the opt-out under the troop proceed plan.
Service Unit Reward Shipment Address Reminder
We will ship girl and troop rewards to the address you have listed in Smart Cookies.
To verify or update your address
- Log into Smart Cookies.
- Go to My Service Unit and select Service Unit Info.
- Review the information on the Service Unit Info screen.
- If the information for the volunteer and address is correct, no action is needed.
- If the volunteer information is incorrect, you can update the information in each field, then select Update Information to save your edits.
- Review and edit this information if needed by April 10.
Rewards will ship the week of May 17. We’ll provide more information on how to distribute rewards ahead of receiving the shipment.