Cookie Go Day, Booth Go Day, Smart Cookies Direct-Ship, Credit Card Refunds, Video Pro, Cookie Entrepreneur Pins, Troop Toast-YAY! Tuesday, Bee Masks, Supporting Troops
In this edition:
- Smart Cookies Direct-Ship Order Assistance for Customers
- Smart Cookies Credit Card Refunds
- Video Pro Patch Program
- Cookie Entrepreneur Pin
For Service Unit Cookie Managers:
Cookie and Booth Go Day this Saturday!
After all the planning and preparation, it’s finally here—Cookie and Cookie Booth Go Day is this Saturday, February 20! Thank you for all you have done to get your girls ready for this big day during a cookie season that will be remembered for years to come. We are so fortunate to have you in our “hive,” supporting girls to reach their cookie goals. We’d love to see your troop and girls in action this weekend. Flood our Girl Scouts River Valleys Facebook page by tagging us (@GirlScoutsRV) with photos of girls participating in cookie booths and delivering those eagerly awaited cookies in socially distant ways, like those popular porch drops.
Troops using our on-demand, by appointment Cookie Cupboards, can book an appointment as little as five minutes in advance, granted appointments are available. “Bee” prepared for your cupboard trip. Visit Cookie Central or the Cookie Cupboards reference page to view the most current cupboard information, including any cookie inventory alerts.
Other important cupboard visit reminders:
- Review your confirmation email for important cupboard information. The email with your appointment confirmation must be shown to cupboard staff upon arrival. If another adult is picking up cookies on the troop’s behalf, forward the email to that person.
- Arrive at your scheduled time. We want to avoid lines and allow cupboard staff time to sanitize between appointments
- Please pre-screen your health before you leave for the cupboards. Do not come to a cupboard if you have COVID-19 symptoms, have possible exposure, confirmed exposure, are awaiting COVID-19 test results, or have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Face coverings must be worn during your visit.
- If a person picking up the cookie order is not masked, staff will remind them to wear a mask or the person must load their own order in the vehicle.
- When cookies are being picked up, if you require inventory to be loaded into the passenger compartment, you will be asked to exit your vehicle or may need to load the cookies into the vehicle yourself.
- Check out the cupboard addresses, and drive-up directions so you know how traffic will flow.
- View, download, or print the Cookie Cupboard Reference Sheet which includes a schedule of all Cookie Cupboard locations.
For troops that use a Regional or Regional Express Cupboard or plan to use a Council Express Cupboard, planned orders opened earlier today and will close at 9 am on Monday.
The troop contacts in Smart Cookies will receive an email when cookies are transferred to the troop from a cupboard. Your Troop Balance Summary Report and Troop Order Summary Report will be helpful to view cupboard and sales activity.
Read the Cookie Cupboard FAQ’s to provide you with answers to your cupboard questions.
The Cookie Swap is also a resource for troops looking for cookies. Enter the invitation code
GSRV0220 for access or check out the Cookie Swap Instructions for more details.
Walmart First-Come, First-Served (FCFS) Booth Round Update
Additional Walmart locations have approved cookie booths over the last several days. We want troops to be able to sign up for these locations for Go-Day weekend, so we will be adding them to Smart Cookies tomorrow, February 19. First-Come, First-Served selections will close at 3 pm. At that time, we will upload the locations, and re-open selections at 5 pm. The current list includes Walmart Owatonna, Walmart Mankato, Walmart Cambridge, Walmart Rochester SE, Walmart Fridley, and Walmart Inver Grove Heights. If we have any other locations secured before 3 pm tomorrow, we will include them in this FCFS round.
Smart Cookies Direct-Ship Order Assistance for Customers
Direct-ship cookie orders have been incredibly popular this season. Families may connect with you when their customers have questions about their direct-ship cookie order. Families can direct customers to the Smart Cookies Direct Ship Customer Service Team at email@example.com. When reporting an issue on a direct-ship order, the customer will need their order number and additional information like the number of packages and varieties of cookies ordered.
Smart Cookies Credit Card Refunds
You can view all troop financial transactions from your Finances tab in Smart Cookies under Financial Transactions. There are tabs for both Troop Transactions and Girl Transactions. Troop cookie managers can refund a credit card payment for any orders that the family mistakenly approved for girl cookie delivery that they are unable to deliver. Follow these steps to process a credit card refund for a customer:
- Ask the girl/family for the order number which can be found in the Manage My Orders screen of the girl account.
- Mimic the girl in Smart Cookies by selecting the person icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Mimic a User, choose the girl to mimic.
- Select Manage My Orders from the My Orders tab, then locate the order.
- Select the three dots on the right side of the screen and then select Refund Order.
- Confirm you wish to refund the order from the pop-up screen.
- The customer will receive an email notification to alert them of their refund.
- The order status will change to show the order has been refunded and the financial transaction will show $0.
Video Pro Patch Program
In the age of Tik Tok, Instagram Reels, and YouTube, Girl Scouts are getting super creative with online marketing of their Cookie Program. Girls are teaming with their families to create their own cookie video pitches and sharing them to promote their sales. Through the Video Pro Patch Program, girls can submit their video for a chance to win Gold Season Passes to Valleyfair! Each girl that submits a video will receive an exclusive Video Pro Boost Bar Patch later this spring.
Cookie Entrepreneur Family Pins
The Cookie Program is a team “sport” for girls and their support system. The annual Cookie Entrepreneur Family Pin celebrates those efforts. Each Girl Scout Grade Level has its own set of requirements for earning this pin to mark the accomplishment. Check out the Cookie Entrepreneur Family Pin FAQ’s for more information on this special program. You can buy your pins at GirlScoutShop.com.
Troop Toast-YAY! Tuesday, February 23
It’s time to talk cookie money at our next Troop Toast-YAY! Tuesday on February 23! Join Troop Finance Specialist Becky, to talk about cookie finances, including how cookie money works, what to do when money issues arise, and the ACH withdrawals. Register for the Cookie Finance Session by February 22 at 8 am. Zoom links will be emailed to you after 12 pm the same day.
Bee Mask Shipments
Each troop that placed an initial order last month will receive two bee mascot masks. These masks are shipped to the primary contact in Smart Cookies. How can you find the primary contact? Select Troop Information from the My Troop, then scroll down the page to view the primary contact. The masks have shipped and are set to arrive at the primary contact the week of February 22.
Forward to Families
Here’s the latest information to copy and paste, then forward to the families in your troop:
- We know there’s a lot of excitement around Cookie Go Day, but please make sure that you do not deliver cookies until this Saturday—to be honest, and fair to all Girl Scouts.
- It’s not too late to participate! You can still opt-in to any of the options in the Cookie Program, including the online-only option where you can share your girl’s cookie sales link for direct-ship orders and you won’t have to touch a single package of cookies or collect any money! Check out our Family Quickstart Guide to Online Sales for the details.
- Ready to take your girl’s online marketing to the next level? Create a short, video sales pitch and share it with your friends and family, plus, share it with Girl Scouts River Valleys to earn a special patch with the Video Pro Patch Program.
- The Cookie Entrepreneur Family Pin celebrates the teamwork between you and your girl to make the cookie season happen. Learn more about the pins, the requirements, and where to buy them.
- Creating a QR code and placing it on door hangers and business cards can be a fun project to complete now! Follow the steps on the QR Code Info Sheet to learn more about how to use QR codes for contactless cookie orders and payment.
- If you weren’t able to attend the Virtual Cookie Rally, you can still join in the fun! Explore Virtual Cookie Rally Highlights and Activities.
Supporting Troops as the Start of the Sale
The first weekend of the sale is an exciting time! Here are some tips for supporting your troops:
- Remind troops of the importance for families to wait until Cookie Go Day to deliver cookies and begin cookie booth sales.
- Make sure troops are familiar with the two different types of cookie cupboards. Remember that cupboards require either an appointment or a planned order (for Council Express and Regional Cupboards) for this season.
- Remind troops that no exchanges will be allowed at any cupboard location. Troops may only exchange damaged cookies for non-damaged cookies of the same variety at cookie cupboards.
- Remind troops to make sure girls are 50 percent paid before releasing more inventory and to provide families with a receipt any time that cookie inventory or money is exchanged.