In this edition:
Go Day reminders, M2OS Girl Access, ways to sell snacks & magazines, M2 avatars, ordering troop materials, and more.
For Service Unit Fall Product Managers:
Go Day is this Friday!
The leaves are turning, sweaters are coming out of the closets, and the pumpkins are being picked. Fall is officially here and it’s finally “go time” for Snacks & Magazines! This Friday, September 25, girls can begin taking orders and set up their online accounts. It’s as easy as 1-2-3 to get your girls ready to participate:
- Verify the parent or guardian has completed the Family Responsibility and Permission Form for each participating girl by checking the Family Responsibility and Permission Form Completion List (Updated daily).
- Inform families whether money for snack order card sales is to be collected at the time of order at the time of delivery.
- Enter the parent or guardian email addresses for each girl in M2OS. This will ensure girls will receive the email invitation to set up their online account. To add email addresses, go to Parent and Guardian Email Blast on the dashboard, then select Add Contacts to add the email address. Select Update to save your entry
Don’t forget to inform girls of the chance to earn an instant reward. The golden ticket could be given out to a girl in your troop!
M2OS Girl Access
It’s easy for girls to get started in M2OS. By setting up an online account, girls can fully engage in the virtual program and learn what it’s like to run their own online business. Before Go Day, September 25, remind families that girls can access their online account in two ways:
- Select the link from the Parent and Guardian email blast OR
- Visit www.gsnutsandmags.com/gsrv and follow the step-by-step instructions
Once their account is set up, girls can send emails inviting friends and family to purchase snacks and magazines online. Girls can also post a link to their online storefront on an adult’s social media account (Facebook or Twitter) for customers to access. Along with the sales opportunities, girls can do fun stuff like earn awards for her avatar, print her own business cards, record a message for her avatar, and upload a video to share with her online supporters.
Sales hack: If a girl doesn’t have a contact’s email address, she can take a photo of their business card from M2OS and text it to friends and family (with parent/guardian supervision and permission of course). The business card features her unique online code along with the links to the online snacks & magazine order sites.
Remember to use our M2OS Quick Tip Guides for Troops and Families for help navigating the system. Plus, you can always access the troop training video on your M2OS dashboard in case you need a quick refresher.
Ways to Sell Snacks & Magazines
One of the great perks of Snacks & Magazines is the flexibility in participation options. We know this year is different, and however she wants to participate is A-Ok! She can participate in any combination of ways to sell or choose just one.
- Online magazine sales – Girls send email links to customers through M2OS or provide her girl link on social media. Customers will complete their purchase through the link and pay by credit card. Magazines will ship directly to the customer’s address.
- Online snack sales – Girls send email links to customers through M2OS or provide her girl link on social media. Customers will complete their purchase through the link, choose whether the items will be delivered by the girl or shipped directly to them, and pay by credit card. When customers choose to have snacks directly shipped to them, they can purchase the items listed on the order card plus shop from an expanded catalog of snacks. Customers will pay for the shipping charges, which are calculated at the time of purchase.
- Snack order card sales – Girls can take snack orders over the phone, video call, or in-person. They record these sales on their order card and then enter the sales in M2OS at the end of the program.
Girls and families must follow all local COVID-19 guidance when participating in snack order card sales. For instance, if your girl wants to visit friends door-to-door, she must follow social distancing and take orders herself on the order card, not pass order card to the friend.
When girls get access to M2OS on Go Day, they will be able to create an avatar that they can customize to look just like them! This is a super fun perk that is unique to the Snacks & Magazines program, and it is also one of the requirements to earn both the Fall Personalized Patch and the Cookie Combo Personalized Patch. Bonus: girls will earn the Online patch just for sending out 15 emails from M2OS. How easy is that?
Troop Bank Account Info
Take a moment to review the troop bank account information in M2OS to confirm the information is correct. From the dashboard, go to Manage Troops & Girl Scouts, then select on the “+” sign under the troop #, then select Manage ACH. A pop-up box will appear with the routing number and last four digits of the troop account number. If no troop bank account is showing, please add the account and routing number. Select Save ACH when you have completed your edits.
Troop Fall Product Materials
If you need more materials or you have not received your troop materials yet, complete the 2020 Fall Snacks and Magazines Materials Request Form to have them shipped to you. You can still get started by accessing these materials anytime on the Troop Fall Product Manager Resources page.
Supporting Your Troops
Snacks and Magazines is about to start, and we hope you are as excited as we are. Check in with the troops in your service unit to offer your support as the program begins. Have a question you need us to answer? Connect with us for guidance or support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-845-0787! We are here to help you have the best Fall Product Program ever!
Confirm Delivery Location
You should have received a delivery detail email which contains the details for your service unit snack deliveries. Delivery timeframes will not be available until the week before your scheduled delivery date. Review this delivery detail email and enter the location in M2OS by October 19. While you’re at it, enter the shipping address for the girl reward shipment at the same time. Our M2OS Quick Tips Guide for Service Units will be able to help walk you through this process.