T-minus two days till Go Day! Read on for all the information you’ll need to get your troop ready for the sale.
In this edition:
- This Saturday is Cookie Go Day
- Cookie Booth Go Day is February 17
- Exchange Cookies Using the Cookie Swap
- Special Booth Opportunity at Minnesota Wild Hockey Games at Xcel Energy Center
For Service Unit Cookie Managers:
This Saturday is Cookie Go Day
It’s almost here! Thank you for all you’ve done to get your troops ready for Cookie Go Day. Please share photos of your Girl Scouts out and about on Girl Scouts River Valleys’ Facebook page.
- If you are looking to pick up cookies this weekend and you missed the planned order deadline, no worries. Our on-demand cookie cupboard locations in Burnsville and Roseville will be open from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm this Saturday and Sunday. There’s potential for shorter lines if you arrive later in the morning.
- Ready to pick up your planned order? You can confirm cupboard address and hours, check cookie cupboard inventory, and download driving directions all on our interactive Council Cookie Cupboard Map.
- Remember: Planned order cookie cupboards require you to complete a planned order in Smart Cookies before visiting. If you do not have a planned order, you will be directed to an on-demand cupboard or the Cookie Swap.
- Troops assigned a regional cupboard should see their cupboard information on their Smart Cookies dashboard under Messages.
Cookie Booth Go Day is February 17
If your troop has a booth coming up, remember to hold cookies back from the initial order for troop booth inventory. Cookies used at a booth come out of troop inventory, not the inventory you have given to individual girls. Please check out our awesome Cookie Booth Sales article for resources to get your troops ready for their booth experience!
Exchange Cookies Using the Cookie Swap
Connect with other cookie volunteers to exchange cookies with the upgraded Cookie Swap. Refer to this week’s Cookie Press email for your invitation code to set up your account and read the Cookie Swap Instructions article for more help.
Special Booth Opportunity at Minnesota Wild Hockey Games at Xcel Energy Center
We recently secured a special opportunity for troops to host a cookie booth at Minnesota Wild hockey games! This booth location is a great selling opportunity for girls and they can anticipate a lot of sales. Please check out the online Minnesota Wild Cookie Booth Signup for more information and to enter for a chance to host you booth at the Xcel Energy Center. Entries are due by Tuesday, February 18 at 11:59 pm.
Things to consider before signing up:
- Every person attending the booth is required to have a ticket to the game. Girl Scouts River Valleys will provide three tickets for girls and two for the chaperoning adults. If you need additional tickets, you can purchase them through Girl Scouts River Valleys at a discounted rate, pending availability.
- Troops are invited to watch the game and then sell after the game is done. You can start setting up the booth during the third period.
- We recommend this booth for older girls, as it will be a long night. We will not exclude younger girls from entering but encourage daisy troops to carefully consider if this booth will be a good fit for their girls.
- Your troop will have the option to sell at one or two gates at the game.
- Download and review the Xcel Energy Center Booth Instructions.
Using Smart Cookies to Accept Credit Card Payments
If your troop decides to use Smart Cookies to accept credit cards from customers, check out the Booth Credit Card Payments instructions in the Finances section of the Smart Cookies Guide or download our Credit Card Payment Tip Sheet.
Want Images of Kit the fox?
Are you looking for images to create excitement at your cookie booth, cookie cart, or wagon? ABC Baker’s Flickr page is a great resource for images of Kit the fox, Girl Scout cookies, and coloring pages! You can also access this resource from Smart Cookies by selecting See All Digital Art from the Resources tab.
Next Planned Order Deadline is Feb. 17
The next planned order deadline for council planned order cupboards, council planned order express cupboards, and regional/regional express cupboards is February 17 at 11:00 am. This cookie order should be picked up on February 20 or 21.
Customer Care Available 8:30 am-12:00 pm on Cookie Go Day
Girl Scouts River Valleys will be available to answer your questions on Cookie Go Day from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 pm. If you need immediate help, please don’t hesitate to reach out during that time at 800-845-0787 or email@example.com.
Tips for Supporting Troops at the Beginning of the Sale
The first weekend of the sale is an exciting time! Here are some tips for supporting your troops:
- Encourage troops to get out in their neighborhoods and go door-to-door.
- Remind troops to hold back 20-40 percent of their initial order inventory to use as troop inventory.
- Make sure troops are familiar with their cookie cupboard location options. Remember that some cupboards require a planned order.
- Make sure troops are aware of the Girl Scouts River Valleys Cookie Swap and Cookie Swap Instructions. These resources will help get you connected with others troops who have extra or need cookies. It’s a great way to get more cookies on days when cookie cupboards are closed.
- Remind troops volunteers to make sure girls are 50 percent paid before releasing more inventory.