Thanks to all of you who kicked off the cookie sale by placing your initial order last week! This week we’ll let you know what to do if you didn’t place an initial order, talk about planned orders, and review mini drop deliveries for service unit volunteers!
In this edition:
- Missed the Initial Order Deadline?
- Cookie Open Houses Update
- Smart Cookies Access Available to Girls February 3
- Booth Locations in Smart Cookies
For Service Unit Cookie Managers:
Missed the Initial Order Deadline?
Girl Scouts River Valleys has submitted our council’s initial order, and we are no longer able to make any changes. Troops who missed the deadline will need to pick up cookies from a cookie cupboard when they open on Go Day. If you need to pick up cookies between February 15-17 from a planned order council cupboard, please complete a planned order in Smart Cookies by Thursday, February 13 at 11:00 a.m. (Updated as of 1/24) or our on-demand cupboards will also be open during that timeframe.
Watch for more information on how to pick up cookies from a cookie cupboard in next week’s edition of The Cookie Press.
Cookie Open Houses Update
Due to inclement weather last Saturday, the Cookie Kick-off Open Houses have been rescheduled. Between February 1-8 during regular shop hours, all Girl Scout shops are offering 20% all cookie merchandise*. Come on in and get ready for the cookie season!
*Excludes earned awards.
Smart Cookies Access Available to Girls Feb. 3
On February 3, ABC Bakers will send an email to families containing a Smart Cookies link for girls to set up their pages, create contact lists, and get ready for Go Day. To confirm which email addresses the links will be sent to, view the Troop Roster page under the My Troop tab.
All registered girls will be automatically entered into Smart Cookies. If you see any email addresses that need editing, click the pencil on the right-hand side, enter in the correct email under “Parent Information”, and select Save.
Girls will not be able to send out emails and sell online until Go Day, February 15.
Booth Locations in Smart Cookies
Can’t find your local booth partner listed in Smart Cookies? Don’t fret! Several booth partners schedules are still being finalized for this year. Keep an eye out on the Smart Cookies dashboard as we’ll be posting a message as new booths are added. If you have questions about cookie booths or the status of a certain location, please contact us or read our Cookie Booth Sales article for more information.
Be a Booth Sleuth
Planned Order-Specific Cookie Cupboards
Girl Scouts River Valleys will have planned order cupboards at locations around the metro to ensure smooth pick-ups and that you get the cookies that you need. These cupboards will only accept planned orders, so fingers crossed for less lines! Two other cupboards will serve as on-demand cupboards in case you miss a planned order deadline or if something else comes up. We will be posting all cupboard locations and type of cupboard for each location very soon!
Mini Drop Deliveries
Thank you to all who are hosting Mini Drop deliveries! To ensure everything runs smoothly, we have prepared the following list:
- Girl Scouts River Valleys will send your delivery timeframe and a copy of the “Delivery Station Order Detail Report”.
- Print the report and bring it to the delivery.
- Totals by variety are listed on the bottom of the report.
- Inform troops of the date, hours, and location to pick up cookies. Troops cannot pick up cookies until delivery staff have unloaded all cookies and the case counts are verified. Keep this in mind when you communicate the timeframe for when troops can pick up cookies.
- Move any potential obstacles to volunteers and delivery staff out of the way.
- Delivery staff will call when they leave the previous delivery.
- Delivery staff will unload the total quantity of cookies by variety.
- Verify your cookie counts carefully.
- Sign the delivery ticket only after all counts are verified with the delivery staff.
- Use the Delivery Station Order Detail to sort orders/distribute to troops.
- IMPORTANT: Verify cookie counts with troops before they leave the location.
- Have troops sign the Delivery Station Order Report to verify they received the correct cookie amounts. Or, provide each troop with a receipt using the receipt books provided with your troop supplies.
Note: If a delivery truck is running late or early, the delivery staff will notify the main delivery contact.
Girl Scout Juliette Deposit Slips
Juliettes are individually registered Girl Scouts who can take part in all Girl Scout activities—including the Cookie Program! During the cookie season, a Juliette uses special deposit slips that are encoded with her Juliette number to make bank deposits. Council has begun mailing these deposit slips to the Juliette Mentors of all cookie-selling Juliettes, along with other materials to support them both during the sale. If you do run out of deposit slips, you can request additional slips from Girl Scouts River Valleys as needed.