Girl Scouts River Valleys’ Spirit Day started in 2013 and has grown over the years. So this year, we’re making it a whole week!
Spirit Week is from September 8–15, 2018 and will be a week to show our Girl Scout pride and amplify the Girl Scout message. It’s an opportunity for girls to show their enthusiasm for Girl Scouts by wearing their uniforms, Girl Scout gear, and inviting a friend to Girl Scouts. For troop leaders, volunteers, staff, and parents, this means takings lots of adorable pictures of Girl Scouts (and ourselves), spreading your Girl Scout love, and sharing it on social media.
Spirit Week Theme Days
- Make New Friends Monday—September 10: Invite your friends to one of your troop meetings with these nifty invitation slips! On social media, be sure to tag a friend you made through Girl Scouts with a picture of the two of you. Use the hashtag #MakeNewFriendsMonday.
- Girl Scout T-Shirt Tuesday—September 11: Girls and adults, rock your favorite Girl Scout t-shirt to school or around town. (Pssst, we hear there’s going to be a 20% off apparel from August 28-September 14 at our Girl Scout Shops!) Share a photo of you or your girl on social media using the hashtag #becauseofgirlscouts.
- Girl Scout Green Out Wednesday—September 12: Wear green to school, work, or around town. Decorate your porch, office, backpack, pencil case, or locker green. We’re lighting up the 35W bridge in Minneapolis green on Wednesday beginning at sunset. Share your photo with the hashtag #GirlScoutGreenOut.
- Troop Tenting Thursday—September 13: Troops are encouraged to get together for an outdoor activity and learn a new camping skill.
- Girl Scout Spirit Day Friday—September 14: Wear your Girl Scout uniform or Girl Scout swag to school or around town. Share your photos on social media using the hashtag #GirlScoutSpirit. Girls who submit the Spirit Week participation form below will receive the 2018 Spirit Week patch.
Download the Spirit Week Activity Plan (for troop leaders).
For service units looking to add girls to their troops, Girl Scout Spirit Week is an excellent time to spread the word about troop formation events and troop meetings to potential new Girl Scouts and their families. Are you a service unit recruiter? Download our recruiter Spirit Week Planning Checklist.
Submit your 2018 Spirit Day photos of your girl during Girl Scout week via the form below, and we’ll send you an exclusive 2018 Spirit Day patch for sharing what Girl Scout spirit means to you!
Spirit Day Photo Submission
- Photos must be taken during Spirit Week, September 8–15, 2018.
- Submissions must be received by September 21 at 11:59 pm CST.
- If you’re a parent/guardian with a Girl Scout who participated in Spirit Day with her troop, please connect with her troop leader to ensure that this form has been filled out on her behalf. If she didn’t participate with her troop, please fill out the form.
- Photos may include multiple girls! In that case, we’ll mail patches out directly to each girl’s home.
- Patches will be mailed out in November.
- There’s a limit of one patch per girl.
- Patches are only available for individuals with a 2019 Girl Scouts River Valleys membership.
- You only need to submit one photo once (during Spirit Week), to get a patch.